Is the morning CX riding still happening?

Mostly nonsense. Also riding bicycles inappropriate for off road terrain, off road; GIFs

Moderator: mfarnham

rhughes

Is the morning CX riding still happening?

Post by rhughes »

What mornings does the CX group ride?

Ritchie
Rolf

Re: Is the morning CX riding still happening?

Post by Rolf »

Regular TSCX rides are on a short hiatus known as the Summer Road Cycling Season, Ritchie. But the good news is: we're over half-way through its four-month span and there should again be up to three regular CX rides a week come September.

Having said that, you can suggest on here any old time that you'd like to hit the knobs, and I'm sure there would be takers. Trails are dry and fast right now. :twisted:

Okay, John. GIF away...
Ann

Post by Ann »

Ritche, I would be happy to do a morning CX ride next Tuesday (the 10th). Let me know if that works for you. Others welcome too, of course!
rduncan

Post by rduncan »

Hey Y'all.

I have a cross bike but it has 40c tires with basically no knobs. Will I need the knobs for the gnar or can I righteously roll right through being knobless?

Also, when's the next ride?

Thanks,
Rob
Rob Duncan
Greg F

Post by Greg F »

Rob,
I think you'll be fine until it starts to rain. And even then, we can all use the practice dismounting/running/re-mounting!

As for smooth-tire/off-road inspiration, look no further than our resident National Champ, Andrew Neale - he's ridden/drifted many a CX ride on his road bike.

Rolf

Post by Rolf »

What Greg said.

I'm currently running a 40mm one of these relatively tiny-knobbed tires on my rear. For fast, dry, hard-packed dirt/gravel they're pretty choice:

As for when's the next ride: TSCX rides will likely remain ad hoc until September, I think. If you wanna hit the dirt some day, just create a post (in the Cyclocross sub-forum, so as not to upset those twitchy, GIF-allergic roadies :P ) with your intended date and maybe a suggested route, and folks will show up—or not. :D

I'm still feeling too lazy to switch back to a road setup and could probably be convinced to do a CX rip this Sunday. Maybe Thetis/Francis King?
rduncan

Post by rduncan »

Ok Sounds good.

I'm single parenting all weekend so no riding of any type for me! any day next week works.
Rob Duncan
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

OK, before adding absolutely nothing of use to Rob at this time, I must say that Greg’s gif is both hilarious and true.

Rolf, after having registered for the CXFondo yesterday I’ve been conspiring on how to practice the course without anyone knowing. On the low down, I was planning to ride out tomorrow (Saturday) from a secret little cul de sac into the presumed course. I could be convinced to do this on Sunday instead, so please, explain to me why I should shift to Sunday instead. Watching you zoom ahead of me is not a good answer.

JT

p.s. And Rob, looking forward to seeing you out in the near future.