Michelle
Paul Seier
Gerry
Marcus
justineajohnson

Re: Big Loop Ride July 15th ... details please

Post by justineajohnson »

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately I have to make a last minute trip to Nanaimo this weekend so I won’t be able to make it. Taking my name off the list.

Marc
Steven
Kenji
Jim
Louise
Joe
Todd
Penny
Amy
Dan
Rob D.
Denise
Hugh
Michelle
Paul Seier
Gerry
Marcus

Have fun everyone!
Marc

Post by Marc »

Hi folks,

Being last minute flakey after a week of vacation and not feeling up to it. Have fun!

Steven
Kenji
Jim
Louise
Joe
Todd
Penny
Amy
Dan
Rob D.
Denise
Hugh
Michelle
Paul Seier
Gerry
Marcus
rduncan

Post by rduncan »

I have recently perfected personal cloning so given the rate of rider drop out, I'll bring along one of my clones to ride with us. No guarantees on stamina or emotional stability though. Actually, that holds true for myself as well.
Rob Duncan
roadflasj

Post by roadflasj »

Marc wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:10 pm Hi folks,

Being last minute flakey after a week of vacation and not feeling up to it. Have fun!
After a busy week in Tofino I’m ready to hit the open road again. Sorry to hear both you and Justine are not going to make it.
Kenji Jackson
DeborahSnell

Post by DeborahSnell »

Adding myself to the list. Just paid my TS membership this morning.

Steven
Kenji
Jim
Louise
Joe
Todd
Penny
Amy
Dan
Rob D.
Denise
Hugh
Michelle
Paul Seier
Gerry
Marcus
Deborah
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Looks like it was a hot loop, kids!

Share photos here: https://tripleshotcyclingphotos.smugmug ... Loop-Ride/
Last edited by Rolf on Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
roadflasj

Post by roadflasj »

Fantastic ride today, definitely one of the most memorable. Huge thanks to Neil for organizing and the collective “Road Angels” ie Fozzy Family, Steve W. and James B. who tirelessly provided food, drink and moral support along the entire route. I doubt anyone would have survived or at the very least enjoyed the experience without their assistance. Also many thanks to Neil and Peter for keeping the group in check to support everyone finishing together. Honourable mention to Jim who thought climbing the Malahat in 30deg weather would be a good idea after riding 230km. I’ll covet my new heat rash as a reminder of the good times.
Kenji Jackson
PDavis

Post by PDavis »

I too want to thank Neil for his fantastic organization including shopping for all the great food and his leadership during the day as well as
Tracy, Rosie, Steve and partner and James for driving and being there for us in the blistering heat. Also to Peter L. for adding his leadership so that between he and Neil, they could keep us all together and on track. It was a great ride and the dip in Lake Cowichan felt amazing! I forgot to thank all the riders......you guys are the best!
Penny
DanBarton

Post by DanBarton »

Rolf wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:44 pm Looks like it was a hot loop, kids!

Share photos here (password: coffee): https://tripleshotcyclingphotos.smugmug ... Loop-Ride/
Might just be me, but when I upload photos to this album they end up in 'Heritage' somehow :roll:
Plawless

Post by Plawless »

Thanks to all who came out today. Most importantly to the wonderful folks who supported this ride. They gave up their day for us. They epitomized the TS spirit of “the most important person on a ride is everyone else” - thank you.

And to all the riders who completed the loop I say 🎩 and to those that had to cut it short thanks for the time you did share with us.

All in All a great day in the saddle.

Tripleshot freaking rocks! And that is because of each of you. ✊✊✊

Peter
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

DanBarton wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:47 pm
Rolf wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:44 pm Looks like it was a hot loop, kids!

Share photos here (password: ******): https://tripleshotcyclingphotos.smugmug ... Loop-Ride/
Might just be me, but when I upload photos to this album they end up in 'Heritage' somehow :roll:
Yeah, sorry about that. Can’t fix it here from Quadra Island, but will when home tomorrow. Just keep uploading them to Heritage and I’ll move them. Thanks, Dan et al.
Last edited by Rolf on Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Plawless

Post by Plawless »

And for any who are interested I note the Tour de France only rode 156kms today (*ahem*) so we rode a full 100kms more. Who looks tougher now, huh?
toddhatfield

Post by toddhatfield »

I was way too tired on Sunday to log onto the forum, but I can now think somewhat clearly. I want to add my sincere thanks to the support crew for making an epic ride very enjoyable. You were awesome, and very much needed! Super kudos to all the riders - very well done on a scorching day. I look forward to next year's version and trying to keep up with Neil and Louise on the long downhill into Port Renfrew!
DeniseM

Post by DeniseM »

I also want to chime in and say a big thanks. HUGE thanks to the volunteers who gave up their Sunday to keep us fed and watered, Neil for organizing, the club for supporting us, and all the riders who made it a really great experience. It really is the best club with the best people.
rduncan

Post by rduncan »

I’m echoing everyone’s sentiment here. The more I ride with Tripleshot the more I grow to appreciate the people.

I went in assuming I’d make it part way and be picked up by the van. I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to finish it.

See y’all bright and early at 6 am.
Rob Duncan
Steven

Post by Steven »

WOW, yesterday's ride was absolutely amazing.

This was my first adventure beyond Sooke!!!!

The Tripleshot camaraderie made for a great day in challenging temperatures.

Without the support team it would have have been near to impossible for me to complete the ride without a major heat-stroke implosion.

The ride captains showed us what group-riding 'leadership' and smart decision making is all about.

This ranks as one of my personal 'greatest days' on the bike.

Thanks to everyone for letting me draft during the ride.
Gerry L

Post by Gerry L »

I would like to give a huge thanks to the volunteers who gave up a beautiful Sunday supporting the ride. The food supply was excellent and I would not have survived without the frequent water stops (and rest) along the way. It was a ride to remember although my legs may disagree.

I would also like to thank the faster riders especially Peter and Jim who pulled (and sometimes pushed) me along on the flats and waited on the hills. I was feeling fairly fresh up to Port Renfrew but must have become dehydrated – ended up losing 3 pounds despite drinking at every opportunity. Will have to try some remedies to prevent leg cramps on the next long hard ride.

I will do my fair share of pulling on the next group rides and volunteer for the support role next year.

Gerry
Louise Wallace

Post by Louise Wallace »

I would like to thank everyone too! The support once again was so great! The big loop really takes team effort and experience to make it go smooth. I feel lucky to be part of a great club! I think that all the people I convinced to come are glad they did! I'll start pestering earlier next year....
Louise