Interest in Racing as a Team

Moderator: mfarnham

mfarnham

Interest in Racing as a Team

Post by mfarnham »

With Nationals in town this year, there seems to be a heightened interest in racing. Is anyone interested in trying to work together as a team in upcoming local races? Tripleshot members regularly turn up and freelance at races. But racing can be much more interesting when you stop worrying about your own result and start working with others toward a team result. Also, a bunch of weaker legs can combine into something stronger by working together.

I'm leaving town soon for the rest of summer, but if there's a group that wants to try to work together at VCLs and Masters Races, it could be fun to give it a go. We could meet before a race that several people plan to do, and talk about strategy and tactics. I'm thinking mostly of the VCL B races, because A racers are mostly committed to other teams, and C's are mostly youth team racers. But there's no reason it has to be limited to B racers.

No pressure. I have no problem with people just showing up and racing for themselves--that's basically all I've ever done. And a lot of people are already committed to other teams. But if uncommitted folks would like to take things a step further, it could be fun to try. Post here if interested.

Martin
EricS

Re: Interest in Racing as a Team

Post by EricS »

Hey, how about a separate kit for the race team? Maybe in black and white?
Eric Simonson
mfarnham

Post by mfarnham »

Actually, the thought was inspired by having Lister explain to me the tactics of the Red Truck women (including Holly) at the crit on Sunday. Those women worked together so well and it struck me that Tripleshot folks might have a little step up in racing in that we're kind of pre-trained to look out for the group, rather than just riding for ourselves. And racing is so much more interesting when it's not just about brute strength, but about brains and teamwork.

The idea was not so much to create a "race team" but to work together in races that people are showing up to anyway.

Martin
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

Eric Simonson!!!!! No. That is all.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

You are asking for a rant here Martin...
Greg F

Post by Greg F »

JohnT

Post by JohnT »

Andrew, no one thinks you're capable of a rant. Don't shatter the illusion. Let's pick a race and do the team thing.

JT
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

That was my rant.. that is all I got..