A request... (from me)

Mostly nonsense. Also riding bicycles inappropriate for off road terrain, off road; GIFs

Moderator: mfarnham

Claire

A request... (from me)

Post by Claire »

I suspect I'm not the only one in this camp, and am hoping you cross aficionados will consider my request.

You see, when this "Cyclocross" forum was born, the purpose was to give a dedicated gathering place for dedicated crossheads to plan their excursions and spew giffy vomit in a safe and welcoming place.

And that's great! I'm so glad you all play and ride and love one another and barf silliness here so prolifically and cooperatively.

But there have been a few occasions now where the discussions in this space would appeal to the club at large, including those who tend to avoid polluting their workplaces with moving and sometimes startling images.

My request is to please post any broader messages (like ride planning - where riders could use non-cx bikes and/or the outing is an all-day affair and cyclists who are not exclusively in the cx realm might opt to borrow a gravel bike, for instance, to join the fun... or like advocacy issues that would appeal to cycling advocates of all stripes) in a more inclusive location where they're apt to attract the attention of the club at large.

Make sense?
Last edited by Claire on Tue May 29, 2018 5:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lund

Re: A request... (from me)

Post by Lund »

x
Last edited by Lund on Tue May 29, 2018 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wonger

Post by wonger »

Attachments
EF2D960C-B9D3-499F-B9FA-23FBBE04C3A7.jpeg
Lund

Post by Lund »

x
Last edited by Lund on Tue May 29, 2018 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Last edited by Rolf on Wed May 30, 2018 8:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lund

Post by Lund »

x
Last edited by Lund on Tue May 29, 2018 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan

Post by Alan »

I'm sorry Steve and Claire. Maybe by accident you stumbled onto our private part of the forum where we do whatever we want, and that includes Gifs about self flagellation, body fluids, homo-erotica and other acts of human kindness that some might find offensive. And vomit? Sorry dudes, that's one of our favourite fluids. We're ALL about Giffy vomit. If you don't like Gifs or vomit, Hmm, I'm thinking you might want to keep your wanderings to other parts of the Tripleshot forum.

Sorry folks, real baby vomit is a little too graphic for some...
Last edited by Alan on Wed May 30, 2018 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lund

Post by Lund »

x
Last edited by Lund on Tue May 29, 2018 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Claire

Post by Claire »

My request was sincere and delivered with respect (and earnestness).

I guess we now need a dedicated "sh*t on one another when you need an outlet" forum.

Crossers, continue to vomit and giff to your hearts' content.

This was more targeted to the membership at large as a request to use a more general forum for posting general stuff that's intended (and safe) for all.

I'm saddened it's degenerated and I'm now retreating to neutral territory.
Lund

Post by Lund »

x
Last edited by Lund on Tue May 29, 2018 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mfarnham

Post by mfarnham »

Alright folks. Go out and ride your bikes more. The forum is supposed to be either fun or useful and this has devolved into something that is neither.

Claire's initial point is a fair one, by the way.

Martin

p.s. And for those unfamiliar with forum options, you can always edit or delete your posts, if you have second thoughts about something you posted.
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

Claire wrote:My request is to please post any broader messages in a more inclusive location where they're apt to attract the attention of the club at large.
Claire,

Using the recent Great Trail Ride as an example, I do feel that it received broad attention outside of the cyclocross subforum. This is reflected in the number of views on the cyclocross subforum and in the riding backgrounds of the folks who came out. (Noting that it was also announced in the OBH parking lot in the most welcoming of tones). That said, if we lost even one person for not having posted it under the ride planning subforum, then I agree that that's a problem. Done over again I think we should have followed up with a stripped down announcement on the ride planning subforum. Would that have fit with your thinking?

Your point about posting on advocacy issues, and the like, is a good one too.

John
Claire

Post by Claire »

JTyre wrote:
Claire wrote:... That said, if we lost even one person for not having posted it under the ride planning subforum, then I agree that that's a problem. Done over again I think we should have followed up with a stripped down announcement on the ride planning subforum. Would that have fit with your thinking?

John
Yes, it would indeed. I know we are imperfect beings, and that double-posting something may not come naturally (and may result in a tad more time and effort) but if we can keep it in mind for future group rides, I imagine I'm not the only one who would appreciate it.

Thanks!

(...and double thanks for exercising restraint in not adding unnecessary giffs - the time you saved searching carefully for just the right one can now be justifiably allocated to double-posting your next cross-tinged topic with broader implications)
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

You could also press the view active posts link and most things come up..including the vomit
Lund

Post by Lund »

Andrew wrote:You could also press the view active posts link and most things come up..including the vomit
Which is precisely the reason for NOT doing that.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Good point... thanks Steve .... strike that last comment
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

Lund wrote:Which is precisely the reason for NOT doing that.
But ever notice, Andrew and Steve, how much better you feel after a good vomit?
Lund

Post by Lund »

JTyre wrote:
Lund wrote:Which is precisely the reason for NOT doing that.
But ever notice, Andrew and Steve, how much better you feel after a good vomit?
Not nearly as good as I'd feel after karate-chopping a chronic GIF-abuser in the throat.
Almost-did-good.gif
Almost-did-good.gif (851.96 KiB) Viewed 8099 times
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Though if it wasn't for the prospect of an assault charge, I'd still prefer to beat 'em.

(Claire...can you ever forgive me?)
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

Hate to break it to you Steve, but you need to get back in the Dojo. That spinning wheel kick of yours is pathetic -- stick to giffing. :)

John
Lund

Post by Lund »

And I hate to break it to you, John, but you just lost the fight.

That's just a red herring. You're not even gonna see the real move coming.