Second Annual Tripleshot Track Day! - Sat May 5

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

amyeee

Second Annual Tripleshot Track Day! - Sat May 5

Post by amyeee »

Second Annual Tripleshot Track Day!

Saturday, May 5, 10:00 – 2:00 at the Westshore Velodrome (bring $10 cash, and pre-register online – link available soon)

Learn to Ride at the Velodrome along with other Tripleshot Club members in a fun, friendly environment. This is a subsidized Tripleshot event for club members and family. Come to ride, participate, cheer or just to eat. You will get used to riding a track bike, riding on the sloped velodrome, and learn safety and track etiquette. Once everyone is comfortable (it happens surprisingly quickly), we will do some friendly timed events and fun races.

And, there will be food! We will be barbecuing burgers and have some snacks, but you are welcome to also bring some barbecue side dishes or snacks to share.

The pre-registration link is not yet available, but I’ll post it when it’s ready to go. Once you’re registered, you’ll just need to show up at the velodrome on Saturday, May 5 with a crisp $10 bill per person.

Track bikes are available to ride, just bring cycling clothes, your helmet, pedals, and cycling shoes.

If you have any questions about riding at the velodrome, talk to Amy, Eric, Neil, Martin, Brenna, Shawn or Lister or anyone who came last year.
EricS

Re: Second Annual Tripleshot Track Day! - Sat May 5

Post by EricS »

YES!

Thanks so much Amy! I am pumped to be here this year and hung out with me TS buds at the velodrome!

Mark your calendars folks. Only 10 days away!

Eric
Eric Simonson
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

Bummed I can't be there to help. (Anniversary weekend away). It was very fun last time seeing so many folks excited and having fun learning the track.
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
EricS

Post by EricS »

One thing we may need help with is a BBQ or three. A few small tailgate sized units would be great if anyone has one, and is coming out to try the track, we would love to borrow it for a couple of hours.

If you cannot make it, but could lend one, message me (or Amy).

Thanks so much,

Eric
Eric Simonson
shawn

Post by shawn »

There are bikes of all sizes available. Even tiny kid-sized bikes. Bring your whole family to give it a try!
amyeee

Post by amyeee »

Hi everyone. Here's the link for registering! https://www.gvva.bc.ca/product/tscltr/ It would be great if everyone interested registered as soon as possible, so that we can get a good idea of numbers, so we can have enough food!

Remember, the online registration part is free, but it will be $10 per person when you arrive at the velodrome on Saturday.

(I had better luck reading the waiver on Chrome or Firefox rather then Internet Explorer or Edge.)
EricS

Post by EricS »

Folks... 2.5 days till TS TrackDay 2018!

Please reg. here: https://www.gvva.bc.ca/product/tscltr/

If you are coming, we need to know by Friday please so that we can plan accordingly. Many of you have expressed an interest in trying the track, and Sat. will be your chance. Great value at only $10 (thanks to a club subsidy) means you get the track rental, bike rental, coaching, etc... for a super good rate. FUN!

All ages welcome. Family welcome. But please, everyone sign up online as the waivers are much easier to deal with online, and we will know how much food to bring.

Then you just show up at 10 AM with shoes, pedals and a helmet, and $10.

Yippie!

Thanks,

TS Track Crew
Eric Simonson
Mikael

Post by Mikael »

I had a great time today learning a little about track riding. We started with a few instructions and then they let us loose on the track. Around twenty riders were on the track for the rest of the day. We had some group training, individual 200m timed events, lunch, and ended with a couple of fun games. Thank you Alex, Amy, Brenna, Eric and Shawn. You made all of us smile!

Mikael

Special kudos to Shawn for cooking burgers to perfection!
shawn

Post by shawn »

Thanks to all who came out to the track and to the club for making it happen. It was great to welcome and include women from the current Women's Cycling Clinic too!

Check out these guys. They're not having any fun at all.
Attachments
20180505_195409.jpg
mfarnham

Post by mfarnham »

Thick as thieves!

Martin
EricS

Post by EricS »

Great day! About 20 keen folks out. Thanks to Amy, Shaun, Alex and Brenna for rocking the day!

I've got some pix, but perhaps too many for this thread. Can someone suggest a good way of sharing? I suppose I could do a FaceBook album and share that?

Anywho...fun times. If anyone missed the day, but would like to try riding on the track, message me and I'll help you!

Always turning left,

Eric
Eric Simonson