Whatsup with your bike Johnny Tyre?

Mostly nonsense. Also riding bicycles inappropriate for off road terrain, off road; GIFs

Moderator: mfarnham

JTyre

Whatsup with your bike Johnny Tyre?

Post by JTyre »

... and for this reason I won’t be crossing tomorrow ... but I will be suffering the roadies and pretending I’m interested in them at coffee.
Last edited by JTyre on Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan

Re: Whatsup with your bike Johnny Tyre?

Post by Alan »

I'll be a Roadie too. Rolf, you're on your own...

Rolf

Post by Rolf »

If it makes you feel better, I ordered some new slicks today and expect to swap 'em over the next fortnight. That and some sharp new kit (no more incognito costumery!) should make turning the page a little easier. It was weird riding through UVic greenspace in full-on daylight this morning...

Eight months cross, four months road sounds just about right! 8)
Greg F

Post by Greg F »

Its only four months. Our memories will sustain us....

Juan Speed

Post by Juan Speed »

I just rolled in to say my light has arrived, ready for Friday CX... darny, darn, darn, darn!
Roadie tires it is then...while surreptitiously scouting new routes for REAL bike rides, mwahahaha
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Not so fast, Juan Speed! Lordy knows when my slicks will arrive (having ordered them from shady online sources), so there are still a few weeks of the season left for me.

I’m also away until next week. But rumour has it Johnny Tyre’s gone tubeless and is keen to experience new, unsheathed sensations. As some say: if you post it, they will come.

Here’s a handy link to the Cross sub-forum where you can make your intentions clear.
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

Rolf wrote:But rumour has it Johnny Tyre’s gone tubeless and is keen to experience new, unsheathed sensations. As some say: if you post it, they will come.
Rolf,

Juan, Alan, and others,
My crossbike is currently in sick bay. I might be up for cross on Sunday and will post or respond here. It might be fun to stalk the roadies via trails and then meet up with them at Fantastico's, their usual coffee spot on Harbour Road. It might also be fun to ride road with the roadies trying to make it to the end of the Interurban sprint without vomiting in one's mouth. Too many fine choices.

Johnny Tyre
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

Interurban Sprint!!! No Pressure!!
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

The roadies are vomiting in each other's mouths now? Geez. Ya think ya know a Club... :shock:
Alan

Post by Alan »

Why is it when John and Rolf have their homoerotic banter about riding, I can't but think this is what they do in private..?

JTyre

Post by JTyre »

Please, Alan, don't be so quick to judge, because,

p.s. I think we should shut this down. From my window I can see Martin scurrying across the campus towards my office ...
Greg F

Post by Greg F »

If you can see him, he can see you!!!

Quick, man, hide!!