††† Easter Monday, April 2 †††

Mostly nonsense. Also riding bicycles inappropriate for off road terrain, off road; GIFs

Moderator: mfarnham

Rolf

††† Easter Monday, April 2 †††

Post by Rolf »

An exodus of poor puns are rabbitting about, trying to rise to the level of Paschal Greetings in my l(am)enting brain. But I don't want to get crucified, so I'll pass them over and instead resurrect this old egg:

Who's up for a adventure this holiday Monday morning?
JTyre

Re: ††† Easter Monday, April 2 †††

Post by JTyre »

I’m in but Alan’s noncommittal. Maybe not a bad thing if you remember last Easter,

Rolf, do you have a time and route in mind?
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

The only thing worse than that GIF is the thought of you searching for it and what that involved.

7:30, Ffield Starbucks. Not picky on route, but I’m hoping for an easygoing loop involving swoopy trails, nothing too technical, wrapping up by 10:30 or so?
Juan Speed

Post by Juan Speed »

New guy James here - I'd be keen on riding. 7:30 Starbucks
Alan

Post by Alan »

I'm In.
Hey, New Guy James, I'm the guy that rode beside you today, and warned you about John.
It was a feat of prowess for you to keep up with us to Matticks on your cyclocross bike.

Generally with Triplecrossers, there's one rule: you have to keep your gifs clean. Our communications (mostly via gifs) are censored daily by an anal, semi-employed university prof with a deep distaste for even the most decent, harmless homoerotica. I'm not naming names, Martin.

JTyre

Post by JTyre »

Alan, please, take it easy on our President!

When Martin signed up for the job he thought it was all Whiskey and Wimmen. Instead, he’s spending 99% (200) of his time monitoring 1% (2) of the membership.

Can’t say I love his fashion choices though. Tie-dye shirts went out with tube-tops and mod pants, don’t ya think?
Alan

Post by Alan »

I see the Prez more of a cat person, actually... waiting for someone to step out of line...

Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Welcome, James. 8) Don’t let the GIFstapo here give you the wrong idea. Our exceptionally patient Prez is a well-respected member of the cross community.

Tomorrow we should also have a Farmer or two in the mix. We’ll roll an easy tempo, without particularly challenging terrain, and likely enjoy gorgeous sunshine under the trees. A perfect day for any fencesitters to give TSCX a try...
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

No Gif here since I'm about to slag my husband and it is he who enables any Gifs I might add.

Damn marrying an American who thinks Easter Monday (and boxing day) are work days. Actually, I'm not sure he knows what boxing day is......

:wink: :wink: :wink:
Greg F

Post by Greg F »

Boxing Day? Pffft, figured that out years ago....

JTyre

Post by JTyre »

Louise, you missed a good one this morning, here with Rolf & Alan leading the peleton,

And, please, tell your American husband to wisen up, but not with his/your GIFs, they generate much laughter.
Greg F

Post by Greg F »

Thanks John. As long as they make you happy and want to dance, then all will remain right with the world.

Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Great to have you out James. Grab a light and join us tomorrow for FarmCross. 6 a.m., St. Matthias Church parking lot at Richmond and Richardson. We warm up up Shelbourne, skirt Mt. Doug, and make our way back on trails to Cook St. Village for coffee with the regular Farm Team around 7:15.
Alan

Post by Alan »

Sorry folks, won't make it out on Wednesday. Busy dog training at UBC.

LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

Rolf,

Saw someone pop out of Fennell Woods this afternoon and it gave me the CX itch. Do you cross your heart and hope to die plan on coming up Shelbourne? Or is it more of a ....well we might come up Shelbourne or we might decide to go to visit that new bridge.....? If its the former look out for me along the route. I just can't get up early enough or ride fast enough to make it to church on time.

Alan, you train dogs???

L3
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Cross my heart.

Counting/Hoping on a little rain too—to keep things funnerer. Probably won’t stay long for coffee as M’s still sick and Spring Break (finally) ends tomorrow morning.