Kit Update--STORE CLOSES TODAY (Mar 29)!

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

mfarnham

Kit Update--STORE CLOSES TODAY (Mar 29)!

Post by mfarnham »

Hi folks,

Well, it's been a longer slog than we'd hoped for, but we're on the verge of opening the Jakroo Online Store for the new kit. I'll post here and send an email to the membership when the store is open. Some key points to process...

1) The kit will be REVEALED in the store. Putting blank kit in the store was not ideal for a number of reasons. So we're not going to do the pub night reveal. We'll still do the pub night though, when the order arrives. So be prepared to see the kit when you go to the store.

2) The store will be open probably starting tomorrow (Friday) and will stay open for 10-14 days. Production runs will be scheduled ahead of time, so *we will not be able to extend the store opening* as has been done in past years. The store will close at the scheduled time (to be announced) and production will begin immediately in order to get the kit back to us ASAP.

3) Discounts will be biggest on the first Spring and Fall kit orders of the new kit design, and volume matters (the club pays a penalty if we don't hit our volume forecasts). I recommend ordering summer kit only with this Spring order, and waiting to order your Winter kit until the Fall order. If you can afford a second jersey now, you'll get a better price on it now than you will next Spring, because the order volumes will be lower next Spring than now (new kit is exciting--more people buy kit when it's brand new). And if you delay on your winter purchases until this Fall, you'll get a better price because volumes for winter gear will be bigger in the Fall order than in the current Spring order (for example, pricing on the long-sleeved jersey will be lower in Fall, because I'll forecast a higher volume on the long-sleeved jersey in the Fall order than the Spring order). It pays to be a bit strategic in your ordering. Happy to take questions at coffee.

4) A second kit TRY-ON opportunity will run from today until Wednesday noon at Russ Hays (closed Sunday). Jakroo is leaving a box of sample kit at Russ Hays--including junior sizes--and Russ Hays has offered to allow our members to come and use their change rooms to try stuff on. It would probably speed your sizing check to have a look at Jakroo sizing charts *before* heading to Russ Hays. https://www.jakroo.com/us/fit-sizing.html

Please be sensitive to the fact that Russ Hays needs their change rooms to sell clothing to regular customers, so try not to tie up their facilities too long (i.e., investigate sizing before showing up). They get very busy on Saturdays, so please try to arrange your trip for a weekday if possible. And be patient if the staff are swamped when you stop by. And tell Mike Korb and the staff thanks. Note that there will not be a Jakroo rep present to give sizing advice, so bring a friend if you want an outside opinion on fit.

Many thanks to Neil, Ritchie, Mary, Mikael, Lister, and Jo (and others who I'm probably neglecting) for their work on various aspects of this project. Someday we'll write a book about it. I believe Neil is currently donning SCUBA gear to perform the installation of the Tripleshot Kit Complaints Box in the middle of the JdF Strait. We'll let you know when it's ready. ;)

Cheers!
Martin
Rolf

Re: Kit Update--store about to open, kit try-on, REVEAL, etc

Post by Rolf »

Just dropped by Russ Hay’s and tried some stuff on. Here are some thoughts (dictated as I walked down the street):
  • the kit is currently on a rack (junior stuff in a box) in the back supply room—though they may move it—change rooms are nearby;
  • the kit is great quality and I can’t wait to wear it;
  • there is a bewildering array of sizes and styles, I strongly encourage you to return the pieces you try on to the rack in the same place you pulled them out of as this will make it much easier for other people to find what they need; and
  • Mike and his staff were awesome and deserve every plaudit you can give them.
mfarnham

Post by mfarnham »

The store is open.

Note that pricing in the store is not the price we'll pay. We have a 25% discount over the pricing in the store. In order to get that discount (plus free shipping) you need to enter the
following Coupon Code: TRIPLESHOT-25

Don't forget to do this or you'll pay more than necessary.

Here's the link:
http://shop.jakroo.ca/Tripleshot-Cycling-Club-2018

Note that youth kit is in a *separate* online store. Youth need to buy the jersey with the youth sponsor logos on it, not the jersey from the adult store. They are free to shop for other items (accessories, etc.) in the adult store. I'm not posting the youth store link here, in order to prevent confusion. I will send that link to Lister to distribute to the youth members.

Please read up this thread to learn more about how pricing works. In short, it's good to order lots of Summer kit now, but wait on Winter kit. In the Fall, it will make sense to order lots of Winter kit. Pricing is by volume, so discounts will likely be the best you'll see in years in these first two orders (Spring/Fall).

Shop away, Tripleshotters. The store will close on March 29, so don't delay.

Cheers!
Martin

p.s. The vest is being edited. If you're thinking of ordering the vest, you may want to wait until tomorrow to see the final version.
norman marcy

Post by norman marcy »

Kit looks Great! Especially like the Vest. though it comes up as Relaxed fit only while other items have Standard Fit. Orange is the new Pink! :shock: Who knew. :D

WRT the leg and knee warmers I have messaged Jackaroo as their Dimensions measurements for girth at thigh and ankle (legs) can not be correct on the store page

will try to post any corrections if I get them in response to my inquiries.

Thanks

norman
norman marcy

Post by norman marcy »

Got an update on my info requests to Jackaroo.

Update on the leg / knee warmer dimensions. Those listed are for the item itself not let size. This allows for comparison with existing garments that you already own.

WRT the arm warmers they are thermal fleece material not thin Lycra.
sailor

Post by sailor »

Martin,
May be a good idea to post this to the gear order page as well just in case people do not look here.
Tim
leftcoaster

Re: Kit Update--STORE OPEN UNTIL MAR 29!

Post by leftcoaster »

Uh Tim, it’s been there since Monday :D
sailor

Post by sailor »

Hmmm. I guess I need to look at the top of the page... :roll:
islawalker

Post by islawalker »

Thanks for the great work on the kit!
It looks cool, snazzy and fresh!
Isla
mfarnham

Post by mfarnham »

The final version of the vest is now in the adult store. Still waiting for some youth store updates.

Martin
BRob

Post by BRob »

Martin, for the vest there seems to be a choice of relaxed and slim, is standard an option?
mfarnham

Post by mfarnham »

There is no Standard size for the vest. Just Slim and Relaxed. Our Jakroo rep says of the vest "they are cut to fit over a layer so unless the rider needs a lot of width, the slim fit is appropriate for pretty much everyone."

Martin
mfarnham

Re: Kit Update--STORE CLOSES TODAY (Mar 29)!

Post by mfarnham »

Just a note that the store closes at midnight today. No extensions. You'll be paying more for the same kit, if you don't get your order in today.

Note that we're under target for the Tour jersey and the Solar Bib, so if you're on the fence, consider ordering one of these.

Best,
Martin
mfarnham

Re: Kit Update--STORE CLOSES TODAY (Mar 29)!

Post by mfarnham »

Store is closed. There was a chance we'd miss our volume targets for the adult Tour Jersey, Solar Bib, and Vuelta Jersey. If you were hoping to order any of these, but missed the deadline, send me your sizing. If we did miss the targets and need to order extras, I'll make sure order one in your size and resell to you at the store pricing with 25% discount. PM me soon.

Martin