VCL_Speedway_2018

Moderator: mfarnham

JohnT

VCL_Speedway_2018

Post by JohnT »

Hello everyone,

Just in case you are wondering, I had a very painful snowboarding accident (indeed several of them within a few hours) a few weeks ago. I should be out on the bike again soon. It's the first time in my life that I have said to myself, 'I am too old for this', .... and really meant it.

Reason for the post.....

VCL: Lot's of work going on to get things sorted out. Most dates reflect good intentions at the moment. However, I have just heard from the Speedway that the dates for 'our' races, April 25, May 2, May 9, and May 16th, have been confirmed. But, don't think that you have until then to get fit... the first VCL event is planned for April 15 at Caleb Pike and the second is a week later (April 22). We are excited to offer omniums this year. For example, points scored at the Neild Road Hill Climb on May 13th, the Sidney TT on Tuesday May 15th, and the Speedway on Wednesday May 16th will be added together in the first of three omniums. Finally, the hill climbs that have taken place late in the season in the past are moved up; Willis Point (April 29), Neild Road (mentioned above) and Mt Doug (June 10th).

Confirmation of these and other race dates should be arriving over the next few weeks.

Cheers,

JT
Kevin L

Re: VCL_Speedway_2018

Post by Kevin L »

The provisional VCL schedule has been posted:
https://victoriacyclingleague.wordpress ... -schedule/
JohnT

Re: VCL_Speedway_2018

Post by JohnT »

A few notes from this evenings VCL meeting (Mar 12):

Racing will be a little more expensive this year due to a once/yr fee ($5) for a timing chip plus a $5 fee per race for managing the timing data (new total = $15/race).

Disk brakes allowed for VCL races, but note, they are not allowed in UCI sanctioned events (e.g., the National Masters Race).

The Vancouver Island Motorsport race is on and will take place June 9th between 2pm and 5 pm.