Cross Ride

Mostly nonsense. Also riding bicycles inappropriate for off road terrain, off road; GIFs

Moderator: mfarnham

JTyre

Re: Cross Ride

Post by JTyre »

But are you coming out tomorrow? (Pull’n a Louise on ya there Alan.)

OK, this is my last Bitmoji, even I’m tiring of them. Not sure what will follow, but with your inspiration, Alan, I’m hope’n to pick it up to whole level.
Last edited by JTyre on Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
burtonbikes

Post by burtonbikes »

I"ll be there tomorrow morning.

I'm getting as much cross cycling in before I go to Edmonton on Saturday for the week where I will be fat biking in the snow. Maybe I'll see some polar bears or snow leopard or even better a penguin!

Tom B
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

Speaking to the creatures in the forest (which we all love) and crossdressing (mainly just Rolf and Alan) is my comic idol Jonathon Winters.

John
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

Is anyone crossing tomorrow morning? I’d like too but without a quorum I’ll trail run instead.

John
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

Yup!
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Sounds like you just want to go for a run instead, John. And good riddance, if your heart's not into cycling. :? I find ride planning goes much better if you resolve to ride alone before posting. Then when nobody heeds your call, you can ride off solo with your head held high like you planned it. 8)

What's a CX quorum, anyway? I seem to recall our first date was an unplanned sortie à deux. (I have fond memories of that ride—dog attack aside.)

See you at 7:30. :D
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

You’re right, that was a sad and uninspiring call.

I too cherish our first date, apart from that harrowingly steep drop you tried to snuff me out on in order to have Alan all to yourself.

Yours tomorrow and forever,
John
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

And, if there’s any further doubt where my heart is, I’ve had this puppy creased up and ready to go since 10 am this morning.
Attachments
E97828F2-B7D1-4E81-A215-1F78890053C2.jpeg
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

Any ideas on your route for tmrw am boyz?
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Right now it’s a coffee shop discussion waiting to happen, Louise. But maybe someone has a penchant for something in particular?

Circumstances may have me heading home early (or not even showing up at all), so I’m not keen on naming a route and then over-promising and under-delivering! :roll:
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

Today's ride report

Precis: Holy shite!

Details: Fozzy and I followed Alan down to the path below Dallas. One rogue wave and Martin would have been launching a new recruit drive. Here's Alan*, or someone similar, calling into the CBC complaining about the howling wind. (Listen to the end, he builds.)

*My fellow Saskatchewan hayseed.
Alan

Post by Alan »

The ride was not unlike this, this morning:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoX-JUPvrwo
We had to put rocks in John's pockets so he wouldn't blow away.

Best thing about a windy, windy ride: fewer dog walkers.
Dog walkers are such wimps, ya know...
Now, cat people, they are much different.

wonger

Post by wonger »

Tuesday morning ride, Mandy and I are planning to head out a bit early and get in a lap or two of Beacon Hill before meeting everyone at OBH. Leaving Harling Point at 5:30 if you care to join.
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

G: Didn't see you two at OBH. Hope you had some good early laps and that all is alright. -- John
wonger

Post by wonger »

Sorry J (and H and M) - didn't see any response to my post last night so we went rogue and set out early. Had a great ride - there may be a few more 5:30 departures in the future.
Greg F

Post by Greg F »

What the.... First, “Geoff” goes for a run (twice!) this month. Then he proposes rides starting before 6am.

There’s only one logical explanation for this: the real Geoff has been replaced by an alien-clone!

Fortunately, we have ways of dealing with aliens in this town, “Geoff”!

JTyre

Post by JTyre »

You’re onto something Greg.

Nervous creatures and tracks in the forest suggest Alan is not really out of town or an alien clone - equally frightening. Mandy, get out of there or flush :).

wonger

Post by wonger »

Thursday March 8th. Yes Thursday!! I am planning to leave my house at 5:30, head through Cedar Hill, Lochside, Broadmead, far side of Elk Lake, Colquitz then home. Gonna go briskly and be home by 7:30. I would love to have company...

[img]https://media1.giphy.com/media/26u4pkq5 ... w.web/[img]
Last edited by wonger on Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Sorry, Geoff. Definitely into this on Friday, but not tomorrow. Have fun!

(I was going to repost your Gif properly (ie. without the errant “p” at the end of the URL) but when I saw what it was, I thought it might trigger the censors. :oops: )
wonger

Post by wonger »

Well, I tried to edit my gif but to no avail. I think we need a lesson post ride one day.