Pro City Adventure Sportif Series - Ride #2

Mostly nonsense. Also riding bicycles inappropriate for off road terrain, off road; GIFs

Moderator: mfarnham

Fozzy

Pro City Adventure Sportif Series - Ride #2

Post by Fozzy »

Hi All

Trek Pro City are putting on another gravel adventure this Sunday 25th.
Details below:

Date/Time: Sunday February 25th 9:00AM, Ride leaves at 9, so if you want a Coffee, show up at 8:40.

Departure Location:

Trek Bicycle Store Harbour Road/Fol Epi Dockside 398 Harbour Road

Distance: Approx 105km

Elevation: Approx 1100M

Route: This is a big Loop.

Taking the Galloping goose trail into Langford, up the “Great Trail” to Shawnigan Heights, around the East side of Shawnigan Lake to Cobble Hill. The destination is Pizzeria Prima Strada Cobble Hill and Drumroaster Coffee. We will take backroads through Cobble Hill to get to the Mill Bay/Brentwood Bay Ferry for the 1:50 Departure. The final leg will meander through a mix of road/gravel to return us to Victoria. The Great Trail is STEEP and gravel, it is a killer climb, this is probably the best turnaround point if you are shattered at the top you might want to turn around and head back down.

Map:
http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1904167997

Bike:

Cross bike is the suggested bike of choice however a road bike with puncture resistant tires will do (you will have a very hard time up the Great trail with slick tires).

Support:

The Pro City Club/Prima Strada will be feeding you Free Pizza in Cobble Hill. There is no support van for this ride. Please be prepared for anything that might occur, bring enough warm clothes/water/food to survive a 110km ride in February. Bring CASH for the Brentwood Ferry ($10 for passenger and Bike) they don’t take credit cards.
JTyre

Re: Pro City Adventure Sportif Series - Ride #2

Post by JTyre »

Thanks for the info Fozzy.

I’m interested as long as 1) the weather is amenable (still scarred by my earlier attempt with Louise and Andrew) and 2) you, and perhaps, some other Tripleshot’ers joined.

All that said, I fear the route may be a little too bumpy for Rolf and Alan.

Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Can’t wait to do this ride! But not any time soon.
Alan

Post by Alan »

Can't commit. Not sure I have the right gear...

Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

Sorry to announce that this event has been cancelled. Hardly surprising seeing photos of the great trail the last time it snowed.