Sunday Feb. 18

Mostly nonsense. Also riding bicycles inappropriate for off road terrain, off road; GIFs

Moderator: mfarnham

LouiseF

Sunday Feb. 18

Post by LouiseF »

I finally have a Sunday morning where I can ride and looking at the forecast it seems that CX would be a wise choice. Anyone available for the usual Sunday (not the early bus to leechtown)? I'm wondering about that route through upper Thetis/stewart mountain and into the dump that Rolf and JTyre took a few weeks ago??? It might a winter wonderland up there.
JTyre

Re: Sunday Feb. 18

Post by JTyre »

I'd be up for that Louise.

Ordinarily I’m Rolf’s* or Alan’s domestique but what the heck. One twist on our ride from a couple of weeks ago would be to explore the Stewart Mountain trails and then back out again on Bellamy. I used to run up there and remember some nice single track and remarkable vista’s.

Rolf's pinky is perturbed and Alan's talking Thetis Island instead of Thetis Lake. Let’s hope for a positive response from them.

Ann, Garth, Amy, Tom, Norm, Fozzy, Wonger, Mandy, Andrew, Rob, Martin, etc., please come along; it's beautiful country up there.

John

*Great article in the Rivet, Rolf.
Greg F

Post by Greg F »

Take care, friends and family! Sunday is looking none-too-gentle.

Rolf

Post by Rolf »

I’m back in town tomorrow night but also awaiting X-ray results in the a.m. which may limit my riding fitness for a spell.

However, I wholeheartedly endorse John’s Thetis trail knowledge. He might ride like he’s still a runner, but at least he knows where he’s going.

*Thanks, John.
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

Fingers crossed on your X-ray Rolf, and very funny but worrisome gif Greg.

This gif has nothing to do with anything but it made me laugh and so I share.

LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

C'mon Rolf. It's your pinky......
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

:P Actually, the X-ray’s for my thumb. The pinky has a gibbled ligament but isn’t painful. The thumb on the same hand was holding a pole when it hit a mogul with some force. It’s all ballooned up, so grabbing bars may be a problem.

SURE HOPE it don’t keep me off the bike for long! Especially if it’s all fun and blizzardy out.
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

Rolf, please, next time you unilaterally choose to have prepubescent fun without your cyclobuddies, and jeopardize the rest of their season, please bend more at the knees.