Sidney TT route - McTavish

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

BearPope Recruit

Sidney TT route - McTavish

Post by BearPope Recruit »

Just wondering if anybody has been up to Sidney lately and could provide an update on the construction of the McTavish interchange? I understand that construction started Monday of this week. Carly and I would like to ride the TT route on the tandem but I'm not sure if the full route is still accessible? If anybody has any information on this, that would be great! Thanks, Jen
Rolf

Re: Sidney TT route - McTavish

Post by Rolf »

I can report that the lane turning right off the Pat Bay northbound at McTavish is now blocked off and orange-ish. In the 1.7 seconds I had to look at it this morning on my way to the ferry, I got the impression they'd done little but put up signs and safety equipment.
Katie

Post by Katie »

When I went passed yesterdY afternoon On the way to the ferry, they had concrete barriers across both ends of mctavish on the TT course side - both turning off the highway and turning onto the othr road. Looked like you could stil squeeze through, but it's more than just posts and tape now. If you go, take a practice lap to scope things out.
cashman

Post by cashman »

You can still do 1/2 of the TT loop just turn right on Amity then Right again on Lochside, maybe they will use this for the TT loop and run either 3 or 4 laps.

Colin
"PAIN is nothing compared to what it feels like to QUIT!"