Wanted: used bikes

post all stuff wanted and for sale here

Moderator: mfarnham

Anika

Wanted: used bikes

Post by Anika »

Hey gang!

As many of you are aware, I am now working for Island Health, Mental Health and Substance Use. One of the services that I work with is the Seven Oaks Tertiary Care Hospital out on Blenkinsop where individuals with severe mental illness live long term. Some will eventually return to living in the community but for some this is home for good. I have been working on improving the resident quality of life through sport and have had some fantastic community support, especially from Trek Pro City who have given us free access to their rental bikes, but I want to build on this. So the idea is to get a small fleet of commuter style bikes for Seven Oaks that residents could use for recreation, fitness and transportation. If anyone has an old beater lying around I would absolutely love to re-home it for you.

Cheers

Anika
Rolf

Re: Wanted: used bikes

Post by Rolf »

Welcome home, Anika! I don’t have a bike for you, but I will say I think this initiative is pretty damn cool. As is the neologism “re-home”. 8)
Paul C.

Post by Paul C. »

Anika...great program.
Considering almost every home in Victoria area has at least 1 or 2 bicycles that aren't being used .....there are alot of potential donation bikes that need to be re-homed.

And I have at least one old mountain bike for you.
PM or f.b. me and we will arrange a drop off.
Anika

Post by Anika »

Thank you Paul! That's awesome!! Sorry for the delay in response, I didn't receive the notification and completely missed your post. Let's plan to meet up sometime soon. Just let me know what works for you