Cross Ride

Mostly nonsense. Also riding bicycles inappropriate for off road terrain, off road; GIFs

Moderator: mfarnham

Rolf

Re: Cross Ride

Post by Rolf »

Won’t freeze! Beauty.
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Sunday, Dec. 10. 7:30 @ Ffield Bucks. Fog and ice bedamnèd!

Maybe RRU, Langford Lake (L3's suggestion), and a bit of Thetis on the way home?
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

Rolf,

For a wittily incisive retort we're gonna need a little more to work with than that. Please pickup your socks for next time.

Fairbuck Starfields at 7:30 am it is -- see you then.

John
wonger

Post by wonger »

I should be able to make it. See you there!
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

John: “pick up” are two words, actually (pedantry>wit, every time—in my sad little world. :lol: )

L3 is thinking this, with a little Royal Roading thrown in. Sounds good to me. She’ll be switching bridges at 7:50.
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

Worse than that, it’s “pull up” not “pick up” when it comes to socks. I’m a menace to the English language, no if, bands, or buts about it! Thank goodness that L3 and Geoff are coming out tomorrow, they accept me for who I am, meanie.

Root looks like great fun,
John
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Special thanks to Louise and Geoff for leading another gorgeous, December trail ride. I enjoyed a whole bunch of new terrain.

Riding with a bum thumb meant Rob had to change my TWO flats (thanks Rob) and meant I failed to brake while dinging my bell for “walkers up” and went ass-over-teakettle into Andrew by Thetis. (Can’t wait to see the GoPro of that little segment!)

Amazing how despite such misfortunes, it was still a super-fun, positive ride. Such is Cross.

Merci à tout. I hope my foibles didn’t make anyone late for brunch.
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

A glorious ride for sure, and over a lot of territory I had never seen. Thanks everyone!

Sorry for the slight confusion at the end. I was booting it down to Fantastico to possibly hookup with Jill after the TS ride.

And Rolf, I hope that all’s well after your flip, that was concerning. Also, how are we feeling about teakettle as one word?

John
AJ Neale

Post by AJ Neale »

That was a wonderful ride ..... so much fun!! Thank you Geoff and Louise for instigating and leading the way.

Rolf, I hope your knee wound was surficial and the only souvenir will be the manly looking holes in your tights. Can't wait for the GoPro slow motion replay.
acrnrjf wrote:how are we feeling about teakettle as one word?
Same as hookup ;)

I think our wordsmith would prefer teekessel .... but I stand to be corrected. Your turn Rolf.

Andrew
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

I figured the portmanteau was necessary to preserve the hyphenated adverbial phrase. But on reflection, "ass-over-tea-kettle" would have been better.

Regardless, Andrew ended up with my ass (and my rear wheel) in his face. Pretty sure my knee hit the chain ring, as there's black crap I can't get out of my cuts which looks like grease and bits of pulverized chain. :lol:
AJ Neale wrote:Can't wait for the GoPro slow motion replay.
Ask, and ye shall receive. (A full edit of the rest of this splendid ride is forthcoming.)
wonger

Post by wonger »

That's brilliant! Good technique getting the hands off the bars to break your fall. Thanks everyone for another really fun ride.
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

Rolf wrote: Regardless, Andrew ended up with my ass (and my rear wheel) in his face.
Hot cross buns? (Used but apropos)
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Dearest Cross-heads: Sunday's full edit is now live.

I'm having almost as much fun making these clips as I am on the rides themselves. ...Almost.
Greg F

Post by Greg F »

Good one Rolf!

Let’s try not to repeat the ass-over-tea-cozy tomorrow morn, eh? Some of us still have prezzies to purchase and need all joints in working order.

I plan on being there, wobbly rear wheel and all.
esilnarson

Post by esilnarson »

I will be there too
Brian E
wonger

Post by wonger »

Mandy and I will be there too.
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

I’ll be there.

And Rolf, another tour de force on the video. So enjoyable to watch even if you’re not in them, as in my siblings from around North America — maximum kudos my friend.

John
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

Any Farm-Crossers tomorrow morning (Rolf, I'm wondering if your knee is too sore?)

Fair to assume you'll be heading up Shelbourne where I will find you?
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Yes, the knee continues to ooze and other bits are still a touch wrecked—but I have to get back on the bike and ride some of it off.

I’ll head up Shelbourne with the Farmers and hope to see you up there, Louise...
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

Glad to hear you'll be out. See you on Shelbourne!