Kit Design Ideas - WE NEED YOU!!!!

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

Greg F

Re: Kit Design Ideas - WE NEED YOU!!!!

Post by Greg F »

Going old school with the paper and markers:

This is the front (I know the swirl looks like it turns into an octopus but it’s suppoeed to turn into a sprocket).
Attachments
4528E518-00B9-4DFC-AA73-5C7871C2B72E.jpeg
wonger

Post by wonger »

Greg that's a really pretty starfish you've got on the cup there too! Between that and the octopus your submariner roots are showing.
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

Someone put an idea in my head the other day that made me think we'd look pretty flash in plaid - consider it the evolved argyle that has become a bit dated by now n'est ce pas? Substitute some blues and pinks and greys/blacks.

I actually really like this colour scheme but its probably too radical of a departure.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 11.14.16 PM.png
Greg F

Post by Greg F »

Here’s the back (now that my hands are no longer cramping from colouring)
Attachments
F6BAA59B-9E48-430E-8F2A-26E6B66AF093.jpeg
Plawless

Post by Plawless »

fwiw I tend to "worry" a bit about too much input that is really just new suggestions. I think if we try to do this by committee we risk not only a poorer product but also, and far more importantly, alienating people. Almost all of the suggestions are great (especially the pink version of Neil's and anything that has my head peeking out of a pocket!!!!). Almost none of them can be used (i.e. there will only be one new design and it cant possibly do all that is being suggested) so I think we need to be careful that we don't create a moment where the club gets somehow divided over the question of kit.

Frankly, like John and other's, while I personally have any number of preferences I genuinely don't care if I look like an easter egg or otherwise. I'm middle aged and wearing lycra - yeah, let that sink in a bit. The truth is that it doesn't matter how amazing the kit design looks, once it goes around me it will be just a little ridiculous anyway.

So I'm hoping we can all stay at 30,000 feet and not get wound too tight about any of this . We all know that we are going to buy it anyway and it will be fun and cool to have new kit anyway. so....

Peter
Roland

Post by Roland »

One more!

compete: 1620, from Fr. compéter "be in rivalry with"
Claire

Post by Claire »

LouiseF wrote:Someone put an idea in my head the other day that made me think we'd look pretty flash in plaid - consider it the evolved argyle that has become a bit dated by now n'est ce pas? Substitute some blues and pinks and greys/blacks.

I actually really like this colour scheme but its probably too radical of a departure.
Agree, this is a fun design! But there we go again ("we" being professional kit designers, of course), highlighting breasts with a banner straight across the mountain range. I do not like anyone reading words or checking out the detail of a pattern on that part of my anatomy!

This has been fun. I look forward to seeing a smattering of committee-chosen mash-ups of the creative stuff that's appeared over the last 5 pages. On that note - if the anonymous committee is interested in another member, I'd certainly be interested in taking part. And regardless, I promise to enjoy whatever product comes out of this.
norman marcy

Post by norman marcy »

Curran that is very good too like the pink argyle

Road Flash has too many Ted Harrison paintings on his living room wall And that is where the lines or mountains should stay.
Rob Mickelberry

Post by Rob Mickelberry »

Nice to see all the ITT Technical Institute graphic design diplomas being put to good use.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Hope this works. One more because I like the process so much. Don't worry Peter I won't feel alienated if you don't like it. I do like Neil's argyle designs. Orange is okay. So is pink. Rolf has a lot of alliteration talent.
Attachments
Marcus
Marcus
jimwallace

Post by jimwallace »

Something Classic would be nice
Attachments
853a79067d4e2eb1a37e355cb1384d29.jpg
roadflasj

Post by roadflasj »

Curran wrote:Imagine something in neon pink (or swap for neon green) for viz. Need something so we're seen a dark o'clock in the morning.
That pink/purple argyle looks nice, great work. Hi-viz neon might be difficult to see the argyle pattern as well as the the pink version. I've included a reference from the cannondale team version.
Attachments
cannondale-2016-kit-2.jpg
Kenji Jackson
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

Neil,

The more I look at it, the more I love your pink and navy - everything about it. Just saying' (And I normally do not like pink).

L3
Roland

Post by Roland »

I just can't stop coming up with great ideas:

Roland

Post by Roland »

There is a way we can include everybody's ideas! By putting this thread on the jersey!

Concept by Geoff Homer
Louise Wallace

Post by Louise Wallace »

How about this one for the MAMILs
Attachments
jersey.jpg
dranson

Post by dranson »

Curran wrote:Imagine something in neon pink (or swap for neon green) for viz. Need something so we're seen a dark o'clock in the morning.

I still like the Argyle heritage, although that mountain one is pretty cool too...
The attachment pink n blue.jpg is no longer available
That's a striking design. I was having a hard time visualizing it in green so I tried replicating the design. The colour hues aren't exactly right and apologies for my lame attempt at argyle!
Attachments
image002.jpg
Louise Wallace

Post by Louise Wallace »

I like a very plain jersey to start with and then add the print and logos. One main color with accents. Maybe some black cream or grey to balance the color. I think Kenji was going in a good direction with the Cannondale jersey. It could be any color of a subtle argyle and then add the writing.
Attachments
jersey 4.jpg
jersey 3.jpg
jersey 2.jpg
Curran

Post by Curran »

dranson wrote:

I still like the Argyle heritage, although that mountain one is pretty cool too...
pink n blue.jpg
That's a striking design. I was having a hard time visualizing it in green so I tried replicating the design. The colour hues aren't exactly right and apologies for my lame attempt at argyle!
Green version looks good!
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

Here is another option.
TS Jersey - Neil Pink Light Cup Front.jpg
TS Jersey - Neil Pink Light Cup Back.jpg
TS Jersey - Neil Pink Light Cup Side.jpg