New: TS Christmas Party 2017

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

Ann

New: TS Christmas Party 2017

Post by Ann »

As some of you know, I'm taking on the overall organization of the TS Christmas Party this year, although it's mostly a matter of making sure that other people are doing things for it. :) I won't be able to make it to the party until around 930 p.m. because my office party is on the same night, so Jill P will be the onsite organizer that day.

We're going to try something new for the volunteering and pot luck. Please use this spreadsheet (rather than the existing forum post) to sign up for volunteering and to let us know what you will be bringing for the potluck:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Please note that there two tabs in the spreadsheet: one for volunteer sign-up and one for potluck sign up. Please put an entry in both tabs.

** If you have already volunteered, thank you! But please also go to the spreadsheet to enter your potluck item. **

It is a Google spreadsheet and everyone should be able to edit it. I've filled it in with the volunteering info up to Fozzy's post (Nov 13, 845 pm). And there are a few more volunteering areas that need to be filled but were not listed in the original post. (And more may appear as I discover them.)

We've decided to get people to commit to bringing a certain type of potluck item to try to achieve some sort of balance. Notice that Meatballs have their own special category this year since we had too many in 2015 and none in 2016. ;)

Also, please bring your own serving utensils if your dish requires them.

For people new to the club, here's some more info:

- Date: Saturday, December 16
- Location: White Eagle Polish Hall, 90 Dock Street (James Bay)
- Time: 6 p.m.
- Tickets available online at http://bikehart.com/cart/index.php?main ... ucts_id=61 or at the door. *CASH ONLY* at the door
- Potluck -- everyone needs to bring something (including TS youth unless their family is bringing something)
- Slide show
- Awards
- Dancing?

If you notice anything missing from the volunteering/pot luck lists, please let me know and I can add them.
Claire

Re: New: TS Christmas Party 2017

Post by Claire »

Regarding the slide show, I've created a shared Dropbox folder for collecting photo and video contributions. Please contact me at my (largely retired but Google-connected email including mention of unmentionable sport) email address: running.morgan.75^at^gmail.com

Then I will connect you to the shared folder and we can start filling it with delectable eye candy for everyone's viewing (and boasting) pleasure. If you have YouTube vids, feel free to just email me the link to the vid.

And don't worry - I'm roping both Rolf and Steve into this, too. I'm just the organizer/agitator.
Paul C.

Post by Paul C. »

Yes it is true;
Alan Casals and Paul Christopher have been selected by a V.I.P. committee....to be:

2017 TRIPLESHOT
CHRISTMAS PARTY CO-M.C.'S

If you have any ideas ,suggestions , critiques of previous parties...
please discuss with Alan and Paul by December 14....or even better , keep them to yourself and just enjoy the party Dec. 16.
Ann

Post by Ann »

Hi All,

We really need someone to volunteer soon to order and create the trophies.

Here are the details and you can ask Paula S if you need more information:

Get "as-new" espresso pots from thrift shops or buy at Bed/Bath/Beyond (https://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/store/p ... +stove+top). Once the winners have been decided, the plaques need to be ordered at least 10 days in advance to give time for assembly – use Out of the Blue on Quadra nr. Reynolds or Showcase Awards on Blanshard. Then create the trophies! (cut piece of wood to size of espresso pot, sandpaper it, etc., then attach pot and plaque). Measure the wooden base you'll be using to know how what size plaque to order. A plaque also has to be made for the wooden "PoTY" post.

If you are willing to do this, please put your name down in the spreadsheet and go ahead since there's a bit of lead time needed for ordering the plaques.

Thanks!
L2R

Post by L2R »

So sad to be missing this!!!
Claire

Post by Claire »

In addition to the super important task of trophy creation (see Ann's recent post ^^^) we also need peeps to share their paparazzi shots from the year. C'mon, we know you have some: Muddy grins, sloppy kit, mugging over coffee, assorted moments of glory... send them along.

Just email me at running.morgan.75+at+gmail.com and I'll point you to the Dropbox folder for sharesies.

Deadline for photo submissions is December 8th so act now!
rhughes

Post by rhughes »

Hi Claire

I have tried and says the email is not valid. I would like to add some pics.

Ritchie
Ann

Post by Ann »

Thank you to everyone that has either responded to me and/or volunteered in some way.

We still have a couple important things to cover:

- We need more draw prizes! A few people have told me they can bring something, but we need some more. Please think about whether you have some new cycling gear that you don't want (maybe it's the wrong size?) or whether you can donate a service or a box of chocolates or... Please reply to me and let me know what you can offer and I will arrange to get it from you by this coming Thursday.

- We need one or two people to bring coolers and ice for drinks and pot luck. (Sign up in spreadsheet)

- We need someone to set up and handle recycling for the evening. (Sign up in spreadsheet)

Here's the link to the volunteering and pot luck spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
mfarnham

Post by mfarnham »

Hey folks,

Be sure to look at Ann's request for help (post above this).

Also, remember to bring a dish to pass, and sign up to say what you're so we don't end up with all meatballs or no meatballs. Cyclists are a hungry bunch and we were a little short of food last year...not much left for me to eat by the time I showed up! :( So don't skimp on the food! ;) And don't forget to buy your tickets online:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7383

Martin
EricS

Post by EricS »

Hey gang!

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow night!

I'll be handling the recycling and compost. There will be bins for:

Plastics: hard and soft
Paper: like cleanish paper plates
Returnables: cans, bottles, juice boxes, etc
Compost: food waste and soiled plates
(let me know if another category is needed)

BUT... it would be great if everyone brought (and then took home) their own plates & cutlery. For those that forget, or ride their bikes to the event, Paula has some super flimsy paper plates that she found on the road and some gently used plastic cutlery.

Thanks!

See you soon,

Eric
Eric Simonson
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

It took me eight years to make my first Tripleshot Xmas Party and I wasn't disappointed! Last night was great and I feel compelled to thank you all for contributing to a fun night.

The food was truly exceptional; my only regret was being restricted to the use of one stomach. And Paul, Alan, and Martin did a fantastic job guiding us through a program that was the perfect balance of entertaining and sincere.

It's also pretty great hanging out together in civvies. Outside the AGM, this is our only other annual event where we get together off-bike. Is there an appetite to do something in the Spring? I'd be game.
Paul C.

Post by Paul C. »

Thanks Rolf...and everyone for allowing 2 funny guys( well sort of ) to be your Christmas party co-hosts.

Notes for 2018:

1.Fozzy is wearing full new kit
at party: hello M.A.M.I.L.s.

2. If we really....want to dance...lets try a d.j.
I know a triathlete coach who does this....apperently quite well.

3. On each table...have an
" Agenda and thankyou sheet "
Sponsers, executive, prize doners.

4. Santa arrives....

Rolf and others...SPRING PARTY??

Thanks to Eric S., Amy E., and others .....
We have one that can only get better and bigger...
GRAB YOUR TRACK BIKE AND
SPRING PARTY & BBQ!

Velodrome about May 15.
Tripleshot rocks the Track.