Saturday Cross adventure

Organize unscheduled rides

Moderator: mfarnham

Bosie

Saturday Cross adventure

Post by Bosie »

Anyone interested in a regular Saturday morning ride in the Fall/ Winter months:

A longer Cross ride exploring parts of Victoria we can't get to on the weekday rides. Thetis,Royal Roads, Francis King, wherever.

The idea would be starting early- say 7am at SBX on Cook and then ride for 3 hours. Done by 10.Coffee somewhere new. Similar concept to the current cross rides- go as hard as you like, but frequent regroups and lots of exploring.

Only problem for me is that I don't know the trails as well as others, so don't count on me for direction.

Post here if you are interested, any ideas for timing, meet up, coffee, routes and we can try and make something happen.
Craig B.
Ann

Re: Saturday Cross adventure

Post by Ann »

Yes, please. Although I won't be out every week. I know some of the trails, but not all of them. :)
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

I've been doing lots of these rides since the summer, Craig. 7:30 to 10-ish, starting from Fairfield Bucks, but on Sundays. :D That way we get to say hi to a few roadie friends over coffee first. There are so many directions and trails to enjoy, no two rides have been the same.

If Sundays are an option for you, I intend to keep these up well into November...
Bosie

Post by Bosie »

Problem with Sunday is that it conflicts with Cyclocross races. Once the season is done- might be perfect. :D
Craig B.
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Ah yes, I forget some entire families race! 8) Sunday mornings are what I’ve carved out and out-of-town races are tough.

But: the more cross rides happening, the better. :D
Bosie

Post by Bosie »

LOL- Just realized I can't make it this weekend (Cycling Canada Summit) or next weekend (working), but Im super keen for doing this. Please don't let my non availability stop anyone else. Hopefully I will be there in 3 weeks time.
Craig B.
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

I’m always game for a new cross adventure, Saturday or Sunday or whenever.

Tomorrow we’re off to Cambodia from Vietnam and then home by next weekend. Travels and people have been phenomenal, but looking forward to getting back on the bike all the same I’d post a couple photos if I wasn’t so useless at that sort of thing.

John F.
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

Love this idea Bosie since we split weekends when possible, the one half of us that gets Saturday is often looking for some inspiration. Look forward to joining you soon.

Louise (& Greg)
Paul.L

Post by Paul.L »

Hi, I was hoping to join in on this, if I may. As Saturdays mornings work for me!

Not sure if anyone is hoping to do this tomorrow, but I was planning on heading towards either the great trail, or Metchosin direction on the goose.

Planning on turning around by 9 at the latest. I’m open to suggestions, or other routes.

I can’t make 7am start, but will meet where the E&N meets the goose under Hwy#1 at 7:30.

Paul
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

I’ll be enjoying a cross adventure tomorrow, starting 7:30 from Fairfield Bucks (as described above.) Show up in your knobs for a pre-ride coffee.

Some possible trails to hit—we can make it up as we go: Colquitz River, Quicks Bottom, Interurban, Centennial Park, Lochside, or maybe head to RRU?
Paul.L

Post by Paul.L »

I will be heading to Pedder bay marina along the goose tomorrow if anyone cares to join me. I was thinking about stopping for a quick coffee once out there, and if time permits, take a detour through RRU on the way back.

I will leave the corner of E/N - goose underneath the #1 overpass at 7:30.

Paul