The 5th Annual Tripleshot Hurricane Ridge Ride - Aug 13th

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

John D

The 5th Annual Tripleshot Hurricane Ridge Ride - Aug 13th

Post by John D »

The 5th Annual Tripleshot Hurricane Ridge Ride will take place on Sunday, August 13th. Note that participation is restricted to registered Tripleshot members. If you are not a member and want to ride with us, become a member now! If you register and/or show up but your name isn't on the club's membership list you will NOT be allowed to ride with us.

Logistics: We will catch the 6:10am Coho Ferry to Port Angeles. In previous years most riders have returned to Victoria on the 12:45pm ferry. A few riders will likely stay on and either go back up HR again or go "long and flat" before catching the 5:20 PM boat home. The club expects to provide a support vehicle that will carry water, electrolytes, some light food, repair kit for flats and such, a first aid kit, a bike rack for emergencies. Should you wish, you can bring extra cycle clothing for the chilly descent and a change of clothes for the journey home and put them in the support vehicle. If you choose to do this please make sure your bag is clearly labeled.

Registration and Pricing: The total cost including park entrance fees and exchange rate is $76 CDN. The cost to you as a club member is $40 Canadian with Tripleshot picking up the balance (you're welcome). You MUST register HERE before the ride.

Tickets for the Coho ferry will be purchased the day before the ride and Marcus will be at the ferry terminal early on the 13th to distribute them.

Be Advised: The Park wardens have reminded us that helmets and front and rear lights are required (lights for the tunnels). They require us to ride single file up and down to stay out of the way of motor vehicles. Also, do not forget your passport and consider purchasing travel medical insurance.

If you have any questions please contact Marcus or me.
"Talk - Action = Zero" - Joe Keithley
John D

Re: The 5th Annual Tripleshot Hurricane Ridge Ride - Aug 13t

Post by John D »

Once you have registered here please post your name below so that we all know who's coming.

J.
"Talk - Action = Zero" - Joe Keithley
Jill

Post by Jill »

Jill Plasteras
John Fyfe
EricS

Post by EricS »

Going:

Jill Plasteras
John Fyfe
Eric Simonson
Logan Simonson
Paul C.

Post by Paul C. »

Paul Christoper
sskrobek

Post by sskrobek »

Steve Skrobek
Paul C.

Post by Paul C. »

Sorry to " rain on our parade"....I just checked H.R. ridge Sunday weather:
70% chance of rain.
A high of 11
A low of 3
Im not kidding!
sskrobek

Post by sskrobek »

Well no chance of overheating then. :D
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

From the US National Weather Service.

Saturday Night. A 50 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 49.

Sunday. Showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 57. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Bring some extra clothes Paul. That is why there is a support vehicle.

To ensure I purchase the correct number of tickets, please post your name in this thread. The store shows 40 tickets left which should mean 10 people have made a purchase but there are only six names posted on this thread.

Marcus
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

Thanks for the updated weather forecast Marcus. When do you need final numbers? I am planning to go but am just waiting a little longer (or til the very last minute), to see what the weather is going to do.....

Louise F
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Thanks for the updated weather forecast Marcus. When do you need final numbers? I am planning to go but am just waiting a little longer (or til the very last minute), to see what the weather is going to do.....

Louise F

11:59 p.m. Friday

I will buy tickets on Saturday.
mfarnham

Post by mfarnham »

National Weather Service has 60% chance of showers Sunday morning. Up to 1/10 of an inch precipitation. Given the support vehicle this should be manageable. Be sure to bring some warm clothes for the ride down. Unless there's a groundswell in favour of postponing, the trip is on. Easy for me to say as my back is acting up so I won't be going. ;)

Martin
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

The latest forecast from the US National Weather Service has not changed much.

Tonight (saturday): Rain likely, mainly after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 49. West southwest wind 6 to 8 mph becoming south in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Sunday: A 40 percent chance of showers, mainly before 11am. Partly sunny, with a high near 56. West wind 7 to 10 mph.
Ann

Post by Ann »

Posting this for Nick :)

Nick Friesen and Malcom Walker will be there. They did the TS online sign up earlier this week.
EricS

Post by EricS »

What time shall we be at the ferry in the AM? And do we meet up top in the main ticket building, or below in the parking lot entrance?

Thanks,

Eric & Logan
Eric Simonson
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

5:45 or so is fine Eric, upstairs in the main lobby area. We will meet Andy MacDonald, who is generously providing vehicle support, on the ferry.

Marcus
sskrobek

Post by sskrobek »

My wife is held up in NY city for another day, as I do not have a sitter for my 8 year old, I sadly will not be able to make the hurricane ridge ride. I have prepurchased on the TS website, anyone who is on the fence about going, here is your chance. Since it's paid for, the first to respond with a post can go in my place. Enjoy, since I cannot. Steve Skrobek.
malcolmwalker

Post by malcolmwalker »

Unfortunately I've screwed up big time and just realized that my passport has expired. Sadly it looks like there is no way around this so I guess I will have to stay home tomorrow... incredibly late notice but if anyone who hasn't signed up would like to take my place then go ahead.
Jill

Post by Jill »

Thanks for a great ride today everyone! :D :D
JTyre

Post by JTyre »

Great day, great group, and many thanks going out to Marcus, Andy and John D. Photo of Marcus on the return ferry trip, asleep with mouth wide open: priceless.

John