Saturday sufferfest - the glorious resurrection

Organize unscheduled rides

Moderator: mfarnham

Claire

Re: Saturday sufferfest - the glorious resurrection

Post by Claire »

There's a slight possibility - at the pleasure of my pint-sized overlord - that I'll show up for 6am tomorrow but I'd only be there until Matticks. Anyone interested in an early ride may find more company - and certainly more elevation and exhilarating views - in joining Stephane's 7am monstrously hilly ride.

Don't forget your sunscreen!
leftcoaster

Post by leftcoaster »

See you en route....
Claire

Post by Claire »

Just a friendly reminder of the usual 6am rollout from Cook St Sbux tomorrow morning for 100k of early morning joy.
Claire

Post by Claire »

Ditto. This time with dry roads.
Claire

Post by Claire »

Sufferfest may branch out to something novel and exciting this week - maybe Metchosin or even Jordan River... Anyone planning on coming out is advised to present at Cook St Sbux at 6 to weigh in on - or at least be informed of - any departure from the usual ride route and duration.
FairweatherMike

Post by FairweatherMike »

Estimated round trip time if the turnaround point is Jordan River?
Mike Skinner
Claire

Post by Claire »

Well, if we average 34.5km/hr then the ride takes a mere 4:15 and we'd be back in town just after 10:00.

This is not to suggest I intend to ride that fast. That's just silly. But I imagine we could be back in town before 11. Still plenty of the day left for eating and sleeping and... No, that's about all that would be needed, I think.
Attachments
JRride.jpg
FairweatherMike

Post by FairweatherMike »

Hmmm... sounds like a "Big Loop Lite". Speaking of which, we saw you on the Big Loop 3 weeks ago (avec famille?) clearly itching for some pedal action but reduced to enjoying it vicariously from an internal combustion machine. Classic signs of endorphin addiction...
If I did Jordan River I would probably be staring into space for at least the rest of the day, and I'm expected to contribute something to family life this weekend. So have a great time suffering for the sport!
Mike Skinner
sskrobek

Post by sskrobek »

Is there a Saturday sufferfest ride this wkd.??? (Aug 26) If some riders are going could you post and let me know. I would like to ride it, but don't want to rearrange my wkd if it's not happening. Thanks steve.
Claire

Post by Claire »

I know this is the opposite of indicating my intention to ride with you, but I thought I'd let you know that I am out for this Saturday due to the annoyance of work. I hope you find some friends to ride with. See you Wednesday?
sskrobek

Post by sskrobek »

Unfortunately, on call work commitments with prevent me riding this week. BOO. :x
Claire

Post by Claire »

Steve - I gather you're referring to not making the Wednesday ride, right? Sorry you had to miss out. It was another good one (though smallish at 4 of us).

I just don't want to confuse anyone who might be considering joining you for SF on Saturday. If 6am works best for you anyway, I'd recommend just showing up at the start point because there's a decent chance at least a soul or two will show without checking/reading the forum.
sskrobek

Post by sskrobek »

Yes I was meaning Wednesday, as you noticed my absence. Work has once again managed to crap my usual Saturday plans. As of this am I can not make this Saturday ride. Good luck too anyone who can make it. Hope you don't suffer alone. :?
Ddallin

Post by Ddallin »

Yay, so excited to catch up with you all tomorrow AM!I'll be there at Starbucks at 0600 on the 26th. Landing in Vic tonight (that's like 0900 Ottawa time). Sad you can't make it Claire. Hope others will show, don't want to have to take all the KOMs on a solo ride!!!

David
David Dallin
Sig Isaac

Post by Sig Isaac »

How about an End of Summer ride to Jordan River and back tomorrow (September 2nd)? Might be the last chance for a warm, sunny Sufferfest ride.
Claire

Post by Claire »

I think I need to be back home tomorrow by 9:30 but I would LOVE to ride to JR some Saturday. If the majority want to head that way, I'll come along - I'll just need to turn around when we're halfway to 9:30.

See you tomorrow.

p.s. Don't speak of the end of warmth and summeriness. It must stay this way until Halloween in order for me to forgive the weather demons for last winter.
Sig Isaac

Post by Sig Isaac »

Just saw that Stéphane Tran is doing one of his big climbey rides tomorrow. If there is no interest for Jordan River, I will try to join that ride.

Sorry if I said anything I said that might have suggested that there will be an end to summer, warmth or sunshine, Claire. Hope and sunshine springeth eternal.
Last edited by Sig Isaac on Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sig Isaac

Post by Sig Isaac »

I'm going to cut and run and join up with Stéphane's climbing ride. Hope to see you out there.