To B or Not To B

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

iross

To B or Not To B

Post by iross »

What with the fair weather cyclists deserting us for the winter, there's been a bit of a paucity of B rides recently. And although the "mixed" rides are (sometimes) slower than an honest-to-goodness A ride, they're still quite a bit quicker than the pace the B rides go at.

Some of us were wondering if this might have scared some people away, and if we could do something to tempt them back. When I started riding with TS, I really really appreciated the kinder, gentler B rides, and it would be nice if we could maintain that over the winter, even if our numbers are a bit depleted.

So, would it be worth committing to have a Guaranteed B Ride, say every other Tuesday, where some of us will always always do a proper B ride, at a gentler pace. I'll do it (I'll be very very happy to have a bit of a rest now and then), so will Rita, probably Jen and Carly, and no doubt there will be others who'll be happy not to beat themselves to death twice a week every week.

What do you think? If you're a potential taker for a B ride, would knowing that there will be an easier ride get you out in the rain and cold?

Sorry for the long message. I'm almost as wordy as Rolf.

Cheers,

Ian.
jeremy

Re: To B or Not To B

Post by jeremy »

I'm always down for the B ride, I've just been fighting some sort of virus/sickness for the last 2 weeks that has completley drained me of all my energy, so I've taken the last couple of rides off, I will hopefully be out on friday.
Current Winter Gloating point amount - 16730 (and counting)
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

I think we need some new photos on the site of people at least pretending to be happy in the rain and dark, huddled around a coffee table or squinting in the spray, maybe wringing water out of their gloves with a big thumbs up! That'll be sure to work... :shock:
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Like Jeremy, I'll be riding B for a while starting Tuesday to regain fitness after illness.

~ Mr. Brevity

:D
Plawless

Post by Plawless »

Good idea everyone., The last thing we want to do is turn people off. B rides forever!
iross

Post by iross »

OK, Team F (for "flu", obviously) is go-go-go for Tuesday! Two laps of the box, two laps of Beacon Hill (if we can be bothered), cake every other fortnight. How's that sound?
Rita

Post by Rita »

What??? I get cake only every other fortnight? :cry:
Katie

Post by Katie »

What was that? Did I hear "Cake every ... night"? I'm pretty sure I did. Where do I get this cake? Will that make me faster?
iross

Post by iross »

Ha! Roland said the cake would work! I was thinking we could have a Guaranteed B Ride every other Tuesday, and every other one of those rides, I'd bake a cake. Or muffins. Or sauerkraut. Or something.