ChampSys is coming Sunday March 19, 3-7, Oak Bay rec

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

Lister Farrar

Re: ChampSys is coming Sunday March 19, 3-7, Oak Bay rec

Post by Lister Farrar »

It's a party. Done the work, can wear race cut,time for the rewards. :)
Attachments
IMG_5277.JPG
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

Thanks to the numerous tripleshotters who turned out today to the first annual champsys kit for event. I neglected to count but I'm sure we must have been over 100. It was super busy until 5:30, then another surge about 6:00. I was surprised by how deliberately almost everyone tried stuff on, discussed options (rubberized Performance leg grippers vs tighter but less grippy Apex premium legs were, (so much that it's a different size for many in Apex), how race cut is not necessarily = skeletal; RC is shorter, and club cut is longer. But a size larger in RC could work for you if you don't need the length.

Also some pretty cool aero features in Apex, from dimpled fabrics to hemless sleeves, to gripper's on the main hem to keep the road jersey down on your shorts. As worn by the Abu Dhabi protour team ( formerly Lampre).

Co-founder Scott has seen a lot of the cycling world, telling stories from Peter Sagan at the tour of California (that Champsys sponsored), to riding in Belgium with Eddy Merckx, to climbing L'Alpe D'Huez.

The last visitor of the day was champsys sponsored pro triathlete Melanie McQuaid, dropping by to see the new gear. And guess how a pro thinks? She made the owner re-open some packed items so she could take photos for her social media comments on champsys, part of her payback for their support. Mel also pays it forward: the ts youth program has been the recipient of her old gear; you can see it on many youth sessions.
Attachments
IMG_5284.JPG
IMG_5283.JPG
Last edited by Lister Farrar on Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
Ann

Post by Ann »

Thanks for organizing this, Lister! It was great to be able to try stuff on before buying it!
Claire

Post by Claire »

Oops... this event was on my radar, but not my calendar. And I (virtually) never miss an event that includes free cheese, so you'll know what a disappointment this was for me.

I may have to pick the brains of those who were there re: fit so I'm goodly prepared for the wondrous day when the baby blues return to the order sheet.
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Don't worry, Claire. I ate your cheese for you.