Family Day - Sunday Ride

Organize unscheduled rides

Moderator: mfarnham

Plawless

Family Day - Sunday Ride

Post by Plawless »

As usual the Club does the Sunday route on star holidays. So leaving Fairfield Starbucks at 7:30 with a good dose of caffeine onboard. Then pick up stragglers like me along the route.

Hope to see a good turnout.

Peter
Louise Wallace

Re: Family Day - Sunday Ride

Post by Louise Wallace »

I'm looking forward to going on the Sunday on Monday! I also know of another Louise planning to come (probably get picked up along the way).
Louise W
John D

Post by John D »

On this morning's ride there was some discussion of the fact that the "School Weather Network" (which a lot of us use) often reports temperatures that seem to be a few degrees warmer than the temperatures that we actually encounter.

It's important to remember that the temperatures reported on that website are recorded on the roofs of schools...about 10m above street level. This time of year, the pre-dawn street-level temperatures are often a few degrees below those recorded 10m above ground. This was certainly the case this morning. The School Weather Network was reporting temps of about 3C out to Mattick's, while the actual temps recorded en route by Mikael's Garmin were hovering between 0-1C.

So, ride safe tomorrow, and if in doubt - err on the side of caution. The predicted overnight low is currently 0C.

J.
"Talk - Action = Zero" - Joe Keithley
Plawless

Post by Plawless »

Good reminder John. Thanks. And 100% of the time safe is better than sorry!
EricS

Post by EricS »

I'm in unless it's freezing. :D
Eric Simonson
leftcoaster

Post by leftcoaster »

It may be a good idea to start at 8:00. The extra half hour of sunshine may make a difference on the roads. It's already 0 on part of the route.