Remembrance day Ride anyone??

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

jeremy

Remembrance day Ride anyone??

Post by jeremy »

Wondering if anyone is up for doing a sunday type of ride on wednesday morning?
Current Winter Gloating point amount - 16730 (and counting)
Plawless

Re: Remembrance day Ride anyone??

Post by Plawless »

You bet Jeremy. Sorry I guess with so many new members we havent been clear enough with how things go. We ALWAYS do a Sunday ride on a Holiday. The one exception (so far) has been Xmas day. But who knows.... maybe this year?

So on a Holiday we meet at Fairfield Starbucks at 7am for coffee depart at 7:30 and do teh Sunday ride thing.

See you all tomorrow.
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

I don't want to take anything from TSC convention, :roll: but I find the Sunday ride takes up a lot of the day and the later start upsets circadian rhythms already painfully established by 5:30 wake-ups.

Would anyone join me for a regular Wednesday morning hills ride at 6? I don't think I'd drag myself out of bed and do the full 4, 3, and 2 unless I had some peer pressure to goad me on...

Sadly, Pure Vanilla's closed on Remembrance Day. But the new Discovery Coffee on OB Ave. (same block as OBB) will be open at 7. We could just swoop down Foul Bay instead of Caddy Bay after our final run round Tolmie...
Plawless

Post by Plawless »

Good idea Rolf but may I make one suggestion? Instead of doing regular hills then going to Discovery Coffee why not do the regular hills then meet up at Fairfield Starbucks. That way some who did hills can join the holiday ride or at least everyone can caffeinate in one big happy group.
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

I'd be up for doing both rides back to back. Meet at fairfield starbucks usual time in between them (even though the coffee at discovery is 1000 times better)
That'd make for another good holiday epic, just like thanksgiving sunday.

Josh
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
leftcoaster

Post by leftcoaster »

Hey Rolf, you could always join the farm team ride. We meat at Richmond and Richardson at 6:00 with coffee afterward. We haven't seen you out for that one for a while.

- David
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

So, anyone planning on being there for hills tomorrow morning? I'm planning on doing both rides.

Josh
Last edited by Josh.E on Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

I'll do hills and at least part of the later ride. I'm still on eastern time, so I might as well suffer as lie awake in bed!
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
Roland

Post by Roland »

I'll do hills if we get 5 confirmed riders.
compete: 1620, from Fr. compéter "be in rivalry with"
Plawless

Post by Plawless »

I'm in. Both rides will be AWESOME!
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Thanks, Dave. But I've been foregoing the farm team for hills because I'm sick of being back of the bus on the latter. As a wise man once said: to ride hills better, ride more of them.

Roland: for hills we appear to have at least Fast Lawless, Fister, Fast Erickson (sorry Jeremy) and me. And I'm pretty sure Alan committed this morning. So come.
Roland

Post by Roland »

I need at least 2 of the 5 to be female. Then I'll come.
compete: 1620, from Fr. compéter "be in rivalry with"
Josh.E

Post by Josh.E »

Betcha Kim and Lisa will be out.
so come
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Roland wrote:I need at least 2 of the 5 to be female. Then I'll come.
You're a dirty birdie. :wink:

The best you can probably hope for is that Alan rides bare-legged, as he did this morning. :shock: Or, if you want to do the hills nice and slow for a change, you could stick with me -- I usually start crying like a girl by my third Sinclair.
Rita

Post by Rita »

Roland wrote:I need at least 2 of the 5 to be female. Then I'll come.
So this morning, you had some foresight and knew that your female quota wouldn't be fulfilled and hence you stayed at home?

For tomorrow, I can offer 1, which would make 1.5 together with Alan - sorry Alan, unless you shave your legs, you count only for half a woman ;) If you round 1.5, you get 2, so that should do!
Plawless

Post by Plawless »

Wow, now we all know for sure that the Count is feeling better - great math skilz Rita!
The Princess

Post by The Princess »

Wow, a bunch of keeners for the hills - cool. Now if only I knew who all of you were....I leave for two months in the summer and don't know anyone when I get back - geez. Well, I can tell you that Miss Kim will not be on the ride tomorrow because she's riding her butt off in Tucson. But I just love hill day so I'll probably be out. :D
jeremy

Post by jeremy »

Rolf wrote: Roland: for hills we appear to have at least Fast Lawless, Fister, Fast Erickson (sorry Jeremy) and me. And I'm pretty sure Alan committed this morning. So come.

No worries Rolf, Fast Erickson was actually what the ladies called him in highschool. ;)
Current Winter Gloating point amount - 16730 (and counting)
Alan

Post by Alan »

Good thing I only count for half a woman. My bare manly legs a little tough for your eyes in the morning or what? I'm only posting this note to test my new avatar...