Yes there IS a ride on Thurdays

YouTube videos, Pickle juice discussion, doping accusations, etc.

Moderator: mfarnham

Rolf

Re: Yes there IS a ride on Thurdays

Post by Rolf »

As hard as the pace may have been for you, John, my sympathy is with poor Craig—he rode hard circles effectively solo.

Given your svelte physiques, you and Claire are both contenders for the "Worst Tripleshot Draft" award. You're practically two-dimensional. Sometimes, viewed at the right angle, it's like you have a Romulan cloaking device; there's a brief flicker and then you just disappear from sight. :P

Conversely, tucking in behind Craig for most of us is like cozying down in one's favourite armchair before a crackling fire, pulling up one's grandmother's afghan, and enjoying a mug of hot cocoa. He's built like a Belgian Classics rider.

This morning's TT team was Cancellara, Pozzovivo, and Andy Schleck. And I know who got the best of that deal. :wink:
JohnT

Post by JohnT »

Gravity helps a lot when you are sitting in an arm chair. The F(g) vector* was not pointing in the direction I was trying to go this morning.

* Ask Eric S.
AJ Neale

Post by AJ Neale »

Claire is Italian??

And where was Johan Vansummeren ( P. Lawless )?

Andrew
JohnT

Post by JohnT »

I left campus today by car, but with the 'eye' of a cyclist. The ring road was clear with one important exception - there's ice in the centre of the short narrow section between the exit and entrance from Henderson (at the only stop sign on the circle). If you go for a cold TTT in the morning be careful there.

JT
mfarnham

Post by mfarnham »

To clarify John's post, there's ice in the center there, but not spanning the whole lane. At least based on what I noticed leaving campus, there's room for a single-file group to get through that section on dry pavement. Might want to go slow on the first run through just to make sure.

I'll think of you all if I happen to be awake. ;)

Martin
Claire

Post by Claire »

Buncha wusses :wink:
It wasn't that bad out there this morning! I actually prefer riding in cold, dry conditions over cold wet ones!
Other than the nor-easter creating a headwind around seemingly 75 % of the circle, it was almost pleasant out. Certainly more so than it's fixing to be in the coming days.
Getting my kicks while I can...
AJ Neale

Post by AJ Neale »

Fellow Canadians! Come on out and enjoy some mild December weather tomorrow morning. It's dry, the roads are clear, and there is a slight chance of witnessing a beautiful sunrise on the way home from the TTT. Seriously, the wet, nasty weather will be back soon, and if you are dressed properly, these cool, clear mornings offer the best wake-up call you could ask for.

See you at 6am? Andrew

Wawa, Ontario. February, 1979. THAT was cold.
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

Andrew! I will join you. And only b/c I can't run or ski which would be much preferred in this weather and I am going slightly insane. Having been more or less off my road bike since October I am sure this will be an icy awakening.
Claire

Post by Claire »

AJ Neale wrote:Fellow Canadians! Come on out and enjoy some mild December weather tomorrow morning. It's dry, the roads are clear, and there is a slight chance of witnessing a beautiful sunrise on the way home from the TTT. Seriously, the wet, nasty weather will be back soon, and if you are dressed properly, these cool, clear mornings offer the best wake-up call you could ask for.

See you at 6am? Andrew

Wawa, Ontario. February, 1979. THAT was cold.
Oh, I see. So, Andrew, you reckon being nice and inviting is the way to ensure you have company out there tomorrow, is it? Makes my post-TTT admonishments and hassling seem downright antisocial. You might be onto something with your "be nice to entice" approach. Maybe I'll try that some time...

(Have fun out there. You know I'd ride circles with you if I could.)
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

Anyone planning on braving the cold tomorrow morning for the TTT?
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

Pretty impressive turnout today! It was far too cold though. My feet were good for 1.5 sets; 3 sets plus the ride home froze them into blocks :-(

So thankful for the company!