Cross is Here!

Organize unscheduled rides

Moderator: mfarnham

Fozzy

Re: Cross is Here!

Post by Fozzy »

Anybody want to do a cross ride on Wednesday morning? Dolly has managed to borrow a cross bike and wants to join us. We will ride with the farm team up to Mount Doug and go from there. I am not very good with the route, so it would be great to have somebody to follow.
mfarnham

Post by mfarnham »

Decent chance I'll make it out for that.

Martin
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Unless I find myself with the time and inclination tonight to switch back (doubtful), I think I'm riding slicks and fenders for the rest of the winter. :? I rode road on Sunday and really enjoyed the sensation of sustained output. But I have very mixed feelings about this, as the cross rides have been super fun. Clearly I need a second bike. :idea:

Have fun tomorrow!
esilnarson

Post by esilnarson »

I will be at Pareto at 6:00 for a cross ride. See you in the morning.
Brian E
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

I am a definite maybe for tomorrow morning. It is my turn for an early ride but something went pop in my hip today while on a short run and tonight I am having trouble walking up the stairs. I know, this begs the question of why do I run?

So depending on mobility and pain tomorrow morning I may be out on one bike or the other. I may need to take it pretty easy.....
wonger

Post by wonger »

Planning to see you at Pareto...
wonger

Post by wonger »

Friday November 18th - anyone gonna ride cross tomorrow? Sounds like it might be the last chance we get to have a decent group as people are talking about going back to slicks for some strange reason. Who's in?
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

Geoff,

I can't ride tomorrow morning but I think Greg might. I'll get him to post when he gets home. But I'm planning to ride a mix of cross and road (and mtn) the rest of the winter. I don't see any point in putting the cross bike away since it turns dark, wet, cold, wind, nasty into fun (and I'm fortunate enough to have a road and a cross bike). I am much more likely to get out at 6 am on a yucky morning for a cross ride. Hope there'll be a at least a few who plan to do some cross rides all winter......

Cheers,
Louise
Greg F

Post by Greg F »

I'll be there. Knobbies and all.

Greg
esilnarson

Post by esilnarson »

I will be there too
Brian E
Roland

Post by Roland »

If I wake up
compete: 1620, from Fr. compéter "be in rivalry with"
burtonbikes

Post by burtonbikes »

I'll be there. Tom
Ann

Post by Ann »

Amy and I are meeting at the switch bridge at 8:30 am Saturday to do a cross ride. We often explore random trails, which sometimes leads to brief periods of being lost, but so far we have always recovered. 8)

Let us know if you plan to join us!
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

Bummer I missed this post. Would have loved to have joined you! Hope it was awesome!
Ann

Post by Ann »

It was awesome! Would have loved to have had you with us. I'll send you a pm so we can exchange numbers for next time.
amyeee

Post by amyeee »

Ann and I will be doing a friendly-paced cross ride on Saturday, leaving at the Switch Bridge at 8:30. We are still learning the trails, so sometimes we end up where we want to go, and sometimes we explore new areas! All are welcome to join!

Amy
wonger

Post by wonger »

It is perfect weather for cross out there!! I'm planning to head out tomorrow morning (Tuesday Dec. 6th) and it would be great to have company. Anyone interested? If you've been thinking about it now is the time to give it a try. It'll likely be pretty slick on the roads so throw on the knobbies and a really good light.
mshepard

Post by mshepard »

Or, you could drive somewhere and hide in the woods. Seen earlier today at the dump. . . .

Now that cross is over, anyone interested in Mountain Biking? I would be up to starting a regular ride or two through the winter, one night ride say Tues or Thurs at 6:30 PM and then a Sunday ride at 11:00 AM subject of course to skiing... Slow Train lots of stopping great for novice - intermediate.
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

Geoff,

I am thinking of cross tmrw too. But seeing as I have a 13K road ride to get down to Pareto, whether I make it down there will depend on the ice/frost factor up on the roads. Right now I can't see my driveway! My safest bet might be to hit the trails that are right by my house.

Will check in the am.

Louise