We need volunteers for the 1st Annual Tripleshot CrossFondo

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

John D

We need volunteers for the 1st Annual Tripleshot CrossFondo

Post by John D »

Posted on behalf of Dav Attwell:

TRIPLESHOT CROSSFONDO 2016

Calling ALL parents and TripleShot Youth members to step up and volunteer at the CrossFondo to raise funds for your athlete's coaching.

This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of the INAUGURAL TRIPLESHOT CROSSFONDO 2016 as a volunteer to support our own TripleShot youth cycling program and the Nature Trails Society. The CrossFondo is happening on Sunday, October 16, 2016.

We are looking for responsible, energetic, somewhat silly and keen volunteers for this exciting event. I am coordinating Secteur Captains for the course. A Secteur Captain will work with 1 or 2 youth or adults to help mark and patrol their own section of the course.

What is the commitment?
1) A couple of meetings with fellow TripleShot members and friends(snacks and refreshments included) to outline roles and responsibilities.
2) Prior to the CrossFondo, your team will mark your section of trail while riding your bikes.
3) Patrol your section on the day of the CrossFondo. Meal and refreshments included.

We look forward to your enthusiastic support.

Please message me with your demand to be a volunteer.

Thank you,

Dave Attwell
TripleShot CrossFondo Organizing Committee
"Talk - Action = Zero" - Joe Keithley
Lister Farrar

Re: We need volunteers for the 1st Annual Tripleshot CrossFo

Post by Lister Farrar »

John reposted Dave's request to TS youth parents, but we'd love (and need) other TS members as volunteers and riders. All the youth riders are volunteering, but need adult guidance. Roles are race day, as well as before and after, set up and tear down.

Some roles that need filling:

First aid sweep riders. You will get a free entry and ride the event, riding behind a wave of 40-50 riders, so there is first aid promptly if there's an injury. No trail side surgery expected; bc ambulance suggests calling 911 with GPS coordinates and they'll find us. There's an app for that, so byo mobile phone.

Setup and clean up. Set up days are oct 9 (for the start finish loop which COTR's Drew Mackenzie is kindly leaving up for us the following weekend. Then Oct 15, trail marking under each sector captain and a bigger effort building a ~2 km loop with mud and water "features" ;) on Goodwin farm. And a through the barn route with an out of the weather aid station. Might be sheep there to cheer you on, or talk to between riders.

Food. Food stations at 10km, 20 km and finish, under the energetic direction of Kim Walker.

Mechanic support: we've approached all the bike shops to offer an emergency support tent at the end of each single track section where flats might happen, but keen home mechanics welcome too to keep folks rolling. Many of whom won't be strong mtb or cross riders.
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
norman marcy

Post by norman marcy »

Dave Lister put me somewhere
I will do anything needed, Terry will likely be available to assist as well.
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

Awesome Norm! What are you interested in? Setup? Marshalling? You're a foodie; maybe wear your whites, and be maitre de Chez Norm, trail side. (As long as you talk like the Swedish chef :).)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sY_Yf4zz-yo
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
(Bob Marley)
NickLosier

Post by NickLosier »

I would be available that day. Either Sweeper or basic mechanical help. Also available to help on setup, or anything else really.

Contact at nicolas.losier@gmail.com or 438-881-4442
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

Thanks Nick! Email sent.

The sector captains are riding most of the route Sunday at 9:00 am at 1891 Millstream road. If you're thinking of helping with a sector team, that's an opportunity to see the scope of the job.

L
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
(Bob Marley)
bisonesque

Post by bisonesque »

Hey Lister. I can help the day of. Where do you need people?

Alex
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

Thanks Alex. Can you send me an email and I'll forward your name to the team lead of the area you're interested in. Food, setup, marshalling, bike wash and bag check all can still use folks.
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
(Bob Marley)
Ovi

Post by Ovi »

Hi Lister, I could help as long as I could get a ride there and back - or maybe I'll just ride my bike there ;) Let me know what you need. If you need participants, this could be my fist CrossFondo!!!
Cheers,
Ovi.
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

Hi Ovi
Thanks for posting. I think our first choice would be to encourage you to ride. But if you can't ride any reason, yes, we want you as a volunteer. A couple areas need help; first aid if you have certification, and marshals. Marshals are organized into sector teams, so the best way to join them is to email Dvaid Attwell. I can introduce you if you pm your email address to me.
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
(Bob Marley)