Saturday sufferfest

Organize unscheduled rides

Moderator: mfarnham

Bosie

Re: Saturday sufferfest

Post by Bosie »

6 am STBx Cook Street- roll out 06h05 sharp.
Coast route to Sydney- pee break.
Lands end back to town..
A2 (sort of) pace.
Craig B.
Claire

Post by Claire »

I will likely join for the first bit. Probably to Matticks or so.
robhasegawa

Post by robhasegawa »

I'll be there with Charles on our tt bikes. If we can work with the group we will, or we can do our own thing. Looking for a hard tempo ride. We are happy to do most of the work. Sit in and gather some cups!
Claire

Post by Claire »

I'm up for something sufferfest-ish on Saturday but am thinking of some sort of creative Metchosin route. Including the jail, Silver Spray, Mt Matheson and whatever other tortuous detours we can throw in to make it 100-ish k. Takers and co-route-planners most welcome.
jbarrett

Post by jbarrett »

All sounds good Claire, I know some extra little hills to make small detours on out East Sooke way if people are up to it.
Another option, maybe this Saturday maybe another day ... how about out to Jordan River and back? The Shirley hill, and a few before it, are always a nice challenge.
Joe
The Princess

Post by The Princess »

Well that sounds fun, I'm in! Any chance of a slightly later start, like 7? It's expected to be a cooler day tomorrow.

Lisa
jbarrett

Post by jbarrett »

Saturday gang .... I've picked up a bit of a sore throat and cold ... unless I shake it overnight, I'll miss the Saturday ride. There's two little climbs you might want to explore: Arden Rd (across from Lombard) off Rocky Pt. Rd... and Seedtree Rd (about 500 meters before Gillespie) off East Sooke Rd. Have fun.
Joe
Claire

Post by Claire »

In the face of a sad display of noncommittedness, Saturday's sufferfest ritual was reduced to two small packs of hill seekers going off on different - though similar - rides this morning. It looked like the Rob/Andy/Sig crew set out at the standard 6am for a modified Metchosin route, while the Hotel Zed girls' team had a lazier start but an entirely not-lazy 2,000m+ vertical excursion. As alluded to in an earlier post, we tackled all the Metchosin and E. Sooke extras (jail, Silver Spray, Mt Matheson) over 110km. One day if our heads are really into it, we'll tack on Kangaroo, Lindholme, Neild, etc. etc. and cover all possible extras and try to hit 3000m of vertical. Oh, also there was wind. That may have been a factor in the team collecting a few crowns and trophies for their efforts on the return trip.
jbarrett

Post by jbarrett »

Is anyone planning on riding tomorrow's Saturday ride? I'm in, but will probably cut it short at Maddocks .... leaving some gas for Sunday's Masters finale.
Joe
Claire

Post by Claire »

Probably in.
jbarrett

Post by jbarrett »

I'll be there. The weather report looks good.
Claire

Post by Claire »

Yup. Makes for a good warmup for COTR the next day, no?
jbarrett

Post by jbarrett »

Yup, I'm planning to get a ride in tomorrow morning. See you there.