Wednesday Munns?

Organize unscheduled rides

Moderator: mfarnham

mfarnham

Wednesday Munns?

Post by mfarnham »

Last Wednesday four of us did a nice brisk loop out to Munns/Ross Durrance/Prospect Lake that took 2 hours at an A2/B1 pace. Anyone up for that tomorrow morning? Post if you plan to join.

Weather forecast looks good.

Cook Street Starbucks, 6am.

Martin
GarthC

Re: Wednesday Munns?

Post by GarthC »

In!
Claire

Post by Claire »

Probably in. But Martin promised good weather and it is distinctly wet north of downtown. Like, wipers on a fast intermittent type of wet. Humph.
mfarnham

Post by mfarnham »

I'll buy coffee if it rains.

Martin
GarthC

Post by GarthC »

That was fun, thanks for the ride!
Claire

Post by Claire »

Great fun. Maybe the word will spread about how awesome it is to roll around the hills and dales in the wee hours of a Wednesday. More of our peeps would make it all the merrier. And part of me was secretly hoping for rain so I'd get free coffee thanks to Martin eating crow. Alas, the roads were welcoming dry. Things look much less so for tomorrow...
GarthC

Post by GarthC »

Who's in for the Wednesday's Munn ride?
So far I'm in and Jesse. I believe Andrew N and Lisa H is in.
What about you Martin?
mfarnham

Post by mfarnham »

Unable to attend. Have fun!
Martin
The Princess

Post by The Princess »

We had an awesome and spirited ride out to the highlands this morning. Only four of us - Jesse, Garth, Claire and I, which meant we regrouped at the top so I could stay in contact with the others :shock: A good time was had by all, and by good time, I mean the high lasted right until about 15 minutes ago when I really wished I could have a nap!

It's a great way to start the day, and to kick up your mid-week training a notch. We need to make this a thing. See you next Wednesday? :lol:
Roland

Post by Roland »

Is this ride happening tomorrow? Approx what time do you pass switch bridge?
compete: 1620, from Fr. compéter "be in rivalry with"
Claire

Post by Claire »

Leaves Cook Sbux at 6:05. So, Switch by... 6:20? Not sure yet if I'll be there tomorrow. I'll post here later if I can do it.
mfarnham

Post by mfarnham »

My poor legs need rest, so I won't be there tomorrow. But I highly recommend this ride!

Martin
Claire

Post by Claire »

K, I'm in. I guess we might lose a few potential candidates to post-BLR leg fatigue... Are you in, Roland? Anyone else?
Roland

Post by Roland »

Coming down with a cold, probably out.
mjashton

Post by mjashton »

I think my BLR fatigue-excuse card has run out by now. Ill try my best to get down there depending on sleep... no promises but I will try my best.

Matt
Roland

Post by Roland »

I'm awake and heading to switch
Claire

Post by Claire »

mjashton wrote:I think my BLR fatigue-excuse card has run out by now. Ill try my best to get down there depending on sleep... no promises but I will try my best.

Matt
Lame, Matt. First a semi-non-committal indication that you might show up. And then a 100% no-show. Extra sissy points for you today.

Too bad, because it was a good 'un. We'll probably return to Munns next week, so maybe you could try to redeem yourself then.
mjashton

Post by mjashton »

ClaireM wrote:
mjashton wrote:I think my BLR fatigue-excuse card has run out by now. Ill try my best to get down there depending on sleep... no promises but I will try my best.

Matt
Lame, Matt. First a semi-non-committal indication that you might show up. And then a 100% no-show. Extra sissy points for you today.

Too bad, because it was a good 'un. We'll probably return to Munns next week, so maybe you could try to redeem yourself then.

I will forever rue this Wednesday and hang the sissy points upon my shoulders for many rides to come. I should have really learned by now that when my fingers type "try to come", my brain is devilishly construing a ruse for my destined sleep-in. I have since bought a super cute sleeping mask so I will be sure to arrive for next Wednesday with my beauty sleep. To redeem myself another Wednesday....
Claire

Post by Claire »

Repeat performance of the Munns ride coming up tomorrow. The crowd that's been coming is of the A2-pace type so that's what's rolling out of Cook Sbux at 6am. If other paced riders also want to do the ride, you are most welcome. Just a reminder that A2 is a drop ride - although we do give about a minute at the top of the big climb to regroup and ensure that our lungs are back in the proper position.
mjashton

Post by mjashton »

New excuse... my bike is in the shop :wink:

next time... next time...