Thursday. Big Loop. The hard(er) way - Malahat first.

Organize unscheduled rides

Moderator: mfarnham

FairweatherMike

Thursday. Big Loop. The hard(er) way - Malahat first.

Post by FairweatherMike »

Looking for an excuse to take a day off work Thursday? I figure the odds of having someone join me for this bit of [insert your thought here] are about the same as my winning the Powerball jackpot - and I don't have a ticket...

260+ km, starting up the Malahat. No ferries. Ferocious climb out of Port Renfrew, which shouldn't be too big a barrier after the long descent from Lake Cowichan and a bit of refreshment at the Coastal Cafe. Hopefully an afternoon convective tailwind along the water to assist with the last big leg to Sooke.

I reserve the right to come to my senses, but my leave request is in at work. This will be a stupidly epic or epicly stupid ride; I just want to do some empirical research to find out which. Wheels rolling at first light.
Mike Skinner
FairweatherMike

Re: Thursday. Big Loop. The hard(er) way - Malahat first.

Post by FairweatherMike »

Update: divine intervention, with a message to moderate one's expectations. Spent most of today dealing with domestic emergencies, including a fridge that suddenly died. Restoring household order meant this ride window of opportunity slammed well and truly shut.

Silver lining: I know there must be a few of you out there who want to do a counterclockwise Big Loop. So I'll fit my schedule to yours (barring more appliance deaths) - who's interested?
Mike Skinner