Speedway help

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

JohnT

Speedway help

Post by JohnT »

Hi everyone,

It would be great if a few people could sign up here as volunteers to help register people for the Speedway race on Wednesday. The hardest part of the job is probably getting there for 6 pm. We'll have a waiver desk and a registration and race number desk. C racers will start signing up first for their 6:30 pm race.

Tripleshot racers can play a big role here - B racers arrive at 6 pm to sign up C's, C's stay after your race to sign up A'a and all we're left with is a need for people to help with the B race registration.

Also, I have a good first aid kit, but a club member with some health care training would be a great asset.

In three years (multiple races per year) we've had only two accidents that required professional help, and I think one of those was an accident on the way to the race. Steve 'Rooks' was amazing - are you still available? Anyone else?

Any GoPro addicts out there? It would be fun to use video to record finishes, not only to get it right, but also for uploading to the web.

One last thing (for now): If you haven't been, you won't know that this is a great course for spectators. Encourage friends and family to come to.
Fozzy

Re: Speedway help

Post by Fozzy »

Hi John
I am planning on being up there, so I can assist.

Cheers
myboys

Post by myboys »

I'm hoping to help, but I'm riding there, and need help with directions!
John D

Post by John D »

The next VCL Speedway race goes tomorrow evening. See more info from John T on the "Tripleshot Racing" sub-forum:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6450

As with last week, John can use some help with registrations, etc. so if you can give him a hand please do so!
"Talk - Action = Zero" - Joe Keithley
bill

Post by bill »

Hi John. I will be able to help. What time do you want volunteers to be there? Was it 6 pm?

Bill