Sunday Feb 7 LSD Alternative

Organize unscheduled rides

Moderator: mfarnham

barton bourassa

Sunday Feb 7 LSD Alternative

Post by barton bourassa »

As usual, leave Fairfield Starbucks at 7 AM.

The Route: https://www.strava.com/routes/3912501

90 K thru Metchosin area with a bit of detour off of Happy Valley Road at Latoria. Aiming for a 25K/Hr avg pace at the end. Likely take 3:45 riding time to complete, depending on mechanical issues. So C C+ kind of pace with everyone staying together. Anyone is welcome but please remember, this is a group ride. We stay together except on the hills. Quicker riders usually come back down to last rider rather than resting at the top of the hills.

Barton.

If anyone has suggestions for other routes pass them on. The general idea is to work up to 95 K in the western communities and 100 when riding the peninsula.
Barton Bourassa
Rolf

Re: Sunday Feb 7 LSD Alternative

Post by Rolf »

Munn/Millstream Lake/Ross-Durrance!

I'll likely do a short Farm this Sunday instead as I have brunch at the Marina around 11 (woohoo, food!) Have a great ride...
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

Will see you at the switch bridge - 7:25 ish.
sailor

Post by sailor »

Barton, sorry we missed the turn, although I guess we missed a few hills by doing so, so maybe it was not such a bad mistake after all. :wink: Great ride once again, thank you.

Louise, here is the route we ended up riding.

https://www.strava.com/routes/4096976

Tim
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

Thanks Tim!

That was the kind of ride that makes me SO thankful that I've dragged us all back to Victoria. The scenery was almost distracting from the ride - the pinkish glow of the sunrise over the Olympics, the little waterfalls glimpsed in the rainforest here and there, the gorgeous coves out in East Sooke, the craziness that Langford has become (well, no actually, not that). But the rest of it, WOW. And there was really hardly any traffic at all. I've been thinking about it all day.

In Hawai'i they say "Lucky we live Hawai'i" and yeah, they are. But we are also lucky we live/ride Victoria. Not taking any of these rides for granted....

Company was lovely too :)
sailor

Post by sailor »

Louise,

Yes, it was a great day out there today. Have been thinking about it all day myself as well. Does not get much better.

I visited a bike shop in Vancouver where they had a staff bulletin board where the staff could post this and that. One thread was where was the best place in the world to bike. There were posts for the usual places you would think of, Italy, Spain etc. But one employee posted Victoria as the best place to bike in the world. For much the same reasons you state.

Tim