Sunday, Longer

Organize unscheduled rides

Moderator: mfarnham

barton bourassa

Sunday, Longer

Post by barton bourassa »

After a couple weeks off the bike I'd like to kind of start over again with an 80 K ride with a few hills on Sunday. I have had others mention that it might be nice to start shorter and build back up to 100 K. C+ pace.

Leaving FAIRFIELD STARBUCKS at 7 AM. End at Bean Around the World on Fisgard shortly after 10.

Here is the route: https://www.strava.com/routes/3912501
Barton Bourassa
LouiseF

Re: Sunday, Longer

Post by LouiseF »

Greg and I are going to arm wrestle to see who gets to go on this ride. After also being off the bike, it sounds GREAT and the change of scenery is also inspiring!

What time do you think you'd be passing by the switch bridge? Whoever wins will likely be meeting you there.
Greg F

Post by Greg F »

One of us will join you all at the switch bridge on the Goose - about what time do you think you'll be there? 720?

Greg
Greg F

Post by Greg F »

(believe it or not, we normally DO communicate with each other in ways other than parallel posting on the Tripleshot Cycling Forum!)
barton bourassa

At the switch bridge 7:20 maybe 7:25.
Barton Bourassa
John D

Post by John D »

Looks good Barton. Let's hope the overnight low doesn't drop much below the 2C that's currently predicted.

J.
"Talk - Action = Zero" - Joe Keithley
Scott Davis

Post by Scott Davis »

Looking forward to joining in! See you at Starbucks.
Penny
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

This looks like a lot of fun.

Will we get to slag people who don't show up? That's all the rage these days, I understand.
Lund

Post by Lund »

Rolf wrote:Will we get to slag people who don't show up? That's all the rage these days, I understand.
Just to clarify: the "fair game if you fail to show" thing isn't an indiscriminate, anything-goes slag-a-rama. It's not simply about "if you don't show up"; it's about "if you should show up, but don't."

We certainly don't expect everyone to show for the Saturday sufferfest. No...our morning of slagging was sharply focused on about a dozen sad sacks who seem like they should be sufferfest material...but who also seem unwilling to prove it.

So by all means, Rolf: if someone who should up for Barton's ride (say, for example, Barton) doesn't, slag away!
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

[quote="Lund"]
Just to clarify: the "fair game if you fail to show" thing isn't an indiscriminate, anything-goes slag-a-rama. It's not simply about "if you don't show up"; it's about "if you should show up, but don't."

This has me wondering, what happens if you do show up, but you shouldn't?
barton bourassa

Louise, BE THERE!! It'll be fine, I promise!
Barton Bourassa
LouiseF

Post by LouiseF »

Unfortunately Barton, I lost the arm wrestling match :cry: but Greg will be there!
katew

Post by katew »

LouiseF wrote:
Lund wrote: Just to clarify: the "fair game if you fail to show" thing isn't an indiscriminate, anything-goes slag-a-rama. It's not simply about "if you don't show up"; it's about "if you should show up, but don't."
This has me wondering, what happens if you do show up, but you shouldn't?
I've done this. They were kind and welcoming at the coffee shop, we had a lovely conversation, started riding, and they ejected me out the back tout de suite. Problem solved. :)
kateweber.com
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Thanks, Barton, and the other 20+ good folks who showed up. What a lovely, warm spin up and down those wooded hills, enjoying snatches of ocean view.

It was also great to see many of us take turns being the "weak link", wisely eschewing pulls so as to ride better together as a group. That's the kind of ride I can get behind!

Finally: sorry I bailed without much warning on coffee. Mechanicals stretched our ride length a bit more than my Sunday could handle.

A la prochaine!
barton bourassa

It was a good ride! Lots of people out with varying levels of fitness and skill. There were some non judgmental comments about waiting at tops of hills etc. You don't need to wait! Come back down! Go back up!

Next week, 90 K Peninsula. Same Bat start time, Same Bat start location!
Barton Bourassa