Warmer Sunday Ride

Organize unscheduled rides

Moderator: mfarnham

Paul C.

Warmer Sunday Ride

Post by Paul C. »

The weather network says weather for Sunday 7a.m. is -2....feels like -7. I am sure the hard core roadies and Successful F500 riders will enjoy this.

I plan to ride at 12:30 Sunday when it is +3....meet about noon ,leave at 12:30 from Starbucks Fairfield plaza .....for 1 to 3 hours depending on the group and the weather.
Louise Wallace

Re: Warmer Sunday Ride

Post by Louise Wallace »

Sorry Paul, going to go run at the Lake.
Paul C.

Post by Paul C. »

Still seems quite cold to me and I am recovering from some dental work.
So no ride for me today.
Bosie

Post by Bosie »

Anyone still interested in a ride- 11:30/ 12:00 SBX Fairfield?
Craig B.
Plawless

Post by Plawless »

Yep, departing Sbx at 12? I'll probably join en Route. Sunday ride route right?

Peter
AlW

Post by AlW »

Bosie wrote:Anyone still interested in a ride- 11:30/ 12:00 SBX Fairfield?
Sounds good. I'll be there at 11:30
Bosie

Post by Bosie »

Ill leave SBx at 12...
Craig B.
Alan

Post by Alan »

I'm in...see you at noon.
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Welcome home, Alan!

Some of us who haven't been getting fat under the Spanish sun made the usual 7:30 ride.

(Though admittedly it may have been the smallest TS Sunday ever. :) Thanks, Kenji, for all the pulls...)
EricS

Post by EricS »

Yes! In! See you by noon, or catch you on route.

Eric
Eric Simonson
roadflasj

Post by roadflasj »

Rolf wrote:Welcome home, Alan!

Some of us who haven't been getting fat under the Spanish sun made the usual 7:30 ride.

(Though admittedly it may have been the smallest TS Sunday ever. :) Thanks, Kenji, for all the pulls...)

Cheers to Rolf for sponsoring the best post ride carrot cake and coffee binge at Bean/World. Made it well worth the frosty early start.
Kenji Jackson
Claire

Post by Claire »

Wow, I can't believe you two went out at 7:30. Well done! I gather it was a cautious pace and you both stayed well upright. But, don't tell me I have to start packing carrot cake in my jersey pockets to meet the high standard set this morning.
AlW

Post by AlW »

Beautiful day for a ride. Until I got a flat and then put my back out bending down to remove the wheel.

Thanks to the group for the help with the flat repair and Alan for the boot. I managed to make it home under my own power thus avoiding the indignity of calling for a ride. Back is not too bad now, but the tire is toast :cry:

A
roadflasj

Post by roadflasj »

ClaireM wrote:Wow, I can't believe you two went out at 7:30. Well done! I gather it was a cautious pace and you both stayed well upright. But, don't tell me I have to start packing carrot cake in my jersey pockets to meet the high standard set this morning.

We had 3 in total starting at 7:30am. Great group that rode well until losing one at Matticks. My wife cautioned me last night how slick the roads were so I manned up and headed out at 6:30am. Most roads were okay but I will admit to sliding down the hill from my place with one cleat already unclipped. The post ride treat was a literal icing on the cake, which seemed appropriate for the riding conditions.
Kenji Jackson
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Some notes for future conditions assessments:

When I left the house at 7:20, Roland's school weather map showed temperatures of around 0 and dew points as close as 0.6 degrees, but always lower. The side streets were covered in a thick white layer of frost, but it was soft and almost tacky. It made a cool sound as you rode over it; kind of like peeing on a long-burning campfire. The main roads (and nearly everywhere we went, including Hunt and Lochside) had been brined and were occasionally wet, or with the same white frost on the shoulders—but nothing was slippery.

I only recall one rear wheel-slip as I got out of the saddle heading up the first part of Oldfield, south of Keating. The rest of the ride was uneventful, traction-wise.

I ride 25mm Conti 4000s.