Saturday, Jan 2 • 11 am departure

Organize unscheduled rides

Moderator: mfarnham

Lund

Saturday, Jan 2 • 11 am departure

Post by Lund »

A few of us (me, Pete, Garth, Claire, Sylvan) are planning a later morning ride on Saturday to give the roads some time to defrost.

Meet at Discovery Coffee on Oak Bay Avenue for an 11:00 am departure.

We'll follow the OBB route to the rest stop in Sidney. From there, depending on the temperature and road conditions, we'll either backtrack the same route or cross over to the west side of the peninsula on Wain Road.

The pace will be civilized – kind of "uptempo Sunday".
Claire

Re: Saturday, Jan 2 • 11 am departure

Post by Claire »

Steve - Way to work on your NY resolution, to "scare people away from rides less."

And, prospective ride joiners, if it helps, even if Steve doesn't know how to use his small ring and spin at a social pace, SOME of us do.

Hope to see some others out there! Heck, I hope to be out there... Not sure yet if I'm forgiven for my "Festive 660" stunt.
Mark C

Post by Mark C »

See you at disco. I just dropped my wife at work and the roads are really bad at the moment so lets hope they improve by 11am.

Cheers Mark
leftcoaster

Post by leftcoaster »

Would like to ride since I didn't get out of my driveway yesterday morning before I started to slip, but I'm volunteering at Central Middle School for a Christmas tree drop off to raise funds for the Central band. When my son and I signed up a couple of weeks ago, I thought The ride would be long over by 11:00. Enjoy the ride and I hope the roads are clear.
Lund

Post by Lund »

Stephane, Garth, Claire, Mark C and I enjoyed a sunshiny spin out to Sidney and back with just a few frosty patches in the shady spots along Lochside.
IMG_3706.jpeg
Claire

Post by Claire »

Great photo! Good thing the nice lady didn't drop your phone over the concrete. And we're even centered!