But where are the Horses? CX weekend incl. My Little Pony

Moderator: mfarnham

Paul C.

But where are the Horses? CX weekend incl. My Little Pony

Post by Paul C. »

About 35 Triple Shot members ....plus parents and supporters ,attended the double header CX weekend November 7- Kona Kup Kross and November 8- My Little Pony , both in the Nanaimo area. Home of the world headquarters for Cross on the Rock CX series.

Lots of fun, mud, minor spills and winners at both ends of the competitive fields.

Once again Tripleshot women and girls excelled, with 6 of the top 7 in beginners women. With Talia Hill in first place again . Does CX run in the family??

A podium finish for Griffen Hart in the men's . CX must run in the family.

I tried to get the "Last but not lapped" category but 'sat up'
near the end, as I didn 't want to beat a 10 year old boy....so he actually " won."

Any other results, bragging rights or stories can be added here. Thanks again to Lister and the parents for bringing tools, food and our attractive large tent.

Final event of the series is November 15 at Shawnigan Lake school.

Stay tuned for info on The CX 1 Speed WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS coming to Victoria Sunday, November 22 at WSW.
David Hill

Re: But where are the Horses? CX weekend incl. My Little Pon

Post by David Hill »

Great summary, Paul. It was a double-mud bath weekend for sure.
Two very notable exceptions for the races were parents and rider sponsors Jim Pauly (Ethan) and Michelle Dann (Griffen).
Michelle and Jim, on hand, if not on bikes
Michelle and Jim, on hand, if not on bikes
Both were on hand for the My Little Pony race, to cheer on their sons, both of whom did very well.
We hope to see them back on their bikes soon!

(and also, Paul, I agree - where were all the ponies this year??)
IMG_3270.JPG