Fall/Winter Gear Order

all you ever wanted to know about ordering 3Shot Garb

Moderator: mfarnham

Roland

Fall/Winter Gear Order

Post by Roland »

It's time for the fall/winter gear order, last chance to order baby blue gear until your next chance!

I've developed a better system than the copy/paste system we've used before. Head over to http://figbug.com/gearorder/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false and enter your email address.

Once you are in, enter your full name and forum name. Add the items you want, select the sizes and then click "Update Order." You can go back as many times as you want to add/remove/change items. I'll leave the ordering process open for about 2 weeks.

If you have any problems or questions, let me know.

R
compete: 1620, from Fr. compéter "be in rivalry with"
Lister Farrar

Re: Fall/Winter Gear Order

Post by Lister Farrar »

Not to open a can of worms, but anyone else think the long sleeve items have just a bit too much argyle? I love the rest of it. Could we go for a plainer sleeve on ls items without compromising artistic integrity Galen?
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
wonger

Post by wonger »

Are you kidding? I've paid for that argyle with my sweat over the last three months. Don't go soft on me now!
Roland

Post by Roland »

If we want to change the design it's going to increase the minimums required for the order. Not sure how many people plan to order, so we'll see if it's an issue or not.

I would like the design to stay similar if not the same, so my jacket from this year will still match next years kit.
bill

Post by bill »

Thanks for setting up the gear order. I have brought this up before and will again. Since some of us have sponsored the gear in the past to help supplement, and of course reap the benefits of the sponsorship dollars, should we not have a premium that we charge folks who are not members of the club? I know we are an all inclusive club, but I think members should get the gear at cost and non-member should pay a premium to help supplement the team. Say 20%? What do you all think? I am not sure, but if you want to be a member of oak bay you can buy the kit but it is retail price. Please correct me if I am wrong. The extra money we bring in from gear sales can help offset the cost of hosting races and of course buy coffee. It will encourage more people to join and hence get insurance!!!!!

Love to know the thoughts.
ART BOY
Site Admin

Post by ART BOY »

holy crap - am I hearing you'd like graphic of a ball of worms on the sleeves of the jersey? It can be done :)
As much as i love surprising you all with new outlandish designs - I'd vote for keeping the current blue-fade to argyle (even the arms -they stand out right?)
Perhaps I will tweak the design slightly to enhance the name and hard to read parts..
Are we thinking of approaching new sponsors? there's room for a few more.
Good Ideas, Bill, on the pricing model.
GALEN DAVISON

Artist

www.galendavison.com
------------------------------------------------
"What I dream of is an art of balance." Henri Matisse
Roland

Post by Roland »

How many people order gear that aren't members? If it's not that many, I'd rather not make this more complicated just to make a few bucks, however I don't think club money should be used to subsidize the cost of jerseys for non-members. If 5% of jersey orders are going to non members, I saw we let it slide. If it's 50%, then maybe we should talk about it further.
wonger

Post by wonger »

What is required for "membership"? I wasn't aware that there was a member ship fee - can you clarify?

geoff
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

I think the Club documents (see Membership Form) spell things out.

http://www.tripleshotcycling.com/docs.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false

I paid my insurance premium directly to Cycling BC. It's only good until the end of the year, but it's also only $30. And take it from a lawyer: always buy all the insurance you can get!
Jeff George

Post by Jeff George »

I agree with Bill. Those folks who are not members shouldn't enjoy the benefit of a reasonably priced kit from our bulk order. There are probably not a huge number of true non-members buying the kit, but I think this also serves as a good reminder for well-meaning regulars who simply forget to bring along their dues to our rides. "Hey, TSers, please remember to pay your dues." This is particularly important if we decide to follow through with the proposed idea of each member throwing some extra $ with their annual fee into the coffee fund so that we can run a tab instead of laying a huge post-ride coffee bill on one person (or two) for our rapidly growing group.

jg
dreeves

Post by dreeves »

I am in favour of non-members/non-insurance holders paying a premium for the TS Kit. Not being covered by insurance, considering the considerable risks we take riding in the dark for most of the year, is irresponsible.

I am also in favour of paying $10-$20 or more for our memberships to supplement the costs of putting on races and more importantly, buying coffee. I am pretty sure we can ALL afford a little more for the good cause, and if you can't, part of the moola we collect can be set up for a bursary account :D

Do join the TS cult, or do not, there is no try!

d
¡Hasta la victoria siempre!
Rita

Post by Rita »

I know this may be a silly question, but do you have to be member of TS to be covered by the insurance on TS team rides? I'm member of two other teams already. I don't mind becoming a member of TS but if the membership expires at the end of the year anyway, I may as well wait until Jan to join TS (if insurance isn't an issue).

cheers.
Roland

Post by Roland »

This thread is once again about ordering gear.

Talk about club membership here: http://tripleshotcyling.freeforums.org/ ... -t579.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false
eric.partlow

Post by eric.partlow »

Back to the gear order. Thanks for setting this up Roland. Much easier than before.
I notice a 20% increase over the US dollar price which is ridiculous given the Cdn $ at 94c US right now. We got ripped with our last order when the dollar was at 78c but the current rates should be adjusted. If Champion is not willing to change the canadian rates then we should just pay the US rate in US dollars.
Just a thought. I'm already in enough trouble for placing another order and need the best deal possible.
Cheers,
Eric
Roland

Post by Roland »

Yeah, the 20% is a rough estimate for right now. I'm not sure the best way to do this. ChampSys charges 4% for shipping. Then convert that to Canadian. Then my credit card will charge another 2%. ChampSys charges my credit card 50% of the total when I place the order and 50% when it ships.

I don't want to rip anybody off, but I also don't want to get stuck eating the difference.
eric.partlow

Post by eric.partlow »

Roland,
Are you saying the 20% is an estimate and on the day we place the order they will then determine the exchange rate? That sounds fair as the currency exchange calculator on their website shows $1.05 Canadian per $1.00 US dollar today. However, if they are going to charge us a "Canadian rate" that is 20% over the US rate then we just pay in US dollars with a Money Order or a US currency credit card. Most banks can help us with this. I also see that they ship free to the US for orders over $500. No deal for us? Doesn't this stuff come from China?
Thanks for your hard work on this. I'm trying to stay out of the $300 club with this order.
Cheers,
Eric
Roland

Post by Roland »

20% is an estimate based on what Peter said it cost in the past. It should be less this time as the exchange rate has improved.

I have to pay the USD amount + 4% for shipping. I was planning to pay with using my credit card, which would be the normal exchange rate + 2.5%.

Peter said 1 of 3 previous orders got hit with duty.

I plan to update the website to do more accurate estimates, I've just been busy.
Roland

Post by Roland »

Canadian dollar is going up so everything is getting cheaper. This weekend is the last chance to order, I'll be finalizing the order and collecting money starting Monday. I'll send you an email with how much you owe.

Looks like we'll hit the minimum for most things except the hat and shoe covers. (1 order each)

Arm/Leg warmers are close - come on people, get yourself a set of arm/leg warmers - these are fleece ones, not the arm coolers that were ordered last time.
ART BOY
Site Admin

Post by ART BOY »

I'll have to go in (to Champ online) and add a design for the hat.
GALEN DAVISON

Artist

www.galendavison.com
------------------------------------------------
"What I dream of is an art of balance." Henri Matisse
Roland

Post by Roland »

I've updated the conversion to $Canadian to include a fairly conservative exchange rate of 1.05 (it's currently 1.0338), shipping, and the 2.5% credit card charge.

I'll give refunds if it collect too much $$$.