Saturday ride info?

Organize unscheduled rides

Moderator: mfarnham

Greg F

Saturday ride info?

Post by Greg F »

I was thinking of trying the 6am Saturday ride for the first time and see how long I can hang. Will there be a ride on the 26th and how many folks typically show up?
Thanks!
Greg
Bosie

Re: Saturday ride info?

Post by Bosie »

Hi Greg,
Its variable- 1 to 10 people have been showing up consistently. Currently probably pretty small ride- 1 to 4.
Average pace is pretty variable as well- it was peaking around 37km/hr in mid Summer, but I think its a far more sedate pace currently- about 32-34km/hr. No one minds if you just sit in on the back if it gets too hard. The smaller the ride, the more likely they will wait.
Some talk about making it a later start in the winter.
Im hoping to make it Saturday as well, but have caught one of my kids bugs and so will have to make the call Saturday morning.
Steve Lund (" suffering by Steve") is probably the most consistent rider on Saturdays and Im sure he will chime in and let you know if he is riding Saturday.
Hope to see you out.
Craig
Craig B.
Lund

Post by Lund »

Thanks, Craig, for posting a reply.

I plan to ride tomorrow and, considering the promising forecast (10º and clear-ish skies early tomorrow), I'm hoping to see a bigger group than last week.

Craig's right: the intensity of the mid-season sufferfest has waned, and the Saturday ride (to borrow Mike L's term) is now more of a "discomfort-fest." Average speed two weeks ago (with three riders) was 34. Last week (with one), it was 33.

While the idea of a 7:00 start time has been broached, I'd prefer to stick with 6:00 this week as some "regulars" may show up without checking the forum. I'll start a separate thread for discussion of a time change.

So – 6:00 departure from Cook Street SBUX. If you can't make the start, we'll pick you up along the waterfront.

Here's a link to the route on Strava if you're unfamiliar:
https://www.strava.com/activities/390617727
chrisb

Post by chrisb »

I'll be there, see you tomorrow morning!
Christian
leftcoaster

Post by leftcoaster »

poker night. If I'm out early, I'll be there.........
Lund

Post by Lund »

leftcoaster wrote:poker night. If I'm out early, I'll be there.........
Go all-in early with a 2-7 offsuit and we'll see you in the morning.
robhasegawa

Post by robhasegawa »

See u at 6
Lund

Post by Lund »

We had a good-sized group (nine of us) and a great ride.

Thanks for showing up Andrew N, Lisa, Greg F, Steve K, Rob H, Christian, Garth and Claire.