Speedway Volunteer of the Year - John Taylor

Moderator: mfarnham

mlawless

Speedway Volunteer of the Year - John Taylor

Post by mlawless »

I think it worth publically thanking John Taylor for all the time effort and enthusiasm he has contributed this year (again) to providing the rest of us with a quality race experience at the Speedway. Without John we would not have had the chance to race at the Speedway this year. Also, the C racers who otherwise would never even think of trying a VCL race came out and enjoyed a challenging but safe event.

John is a great Tripleshot ambassador and I hope you will all (whether you raced or not) join me in saying: THANKS JOHN!

Michael
Andrew

Re: Speedway Volunteer of the Year - John Taylor

Post by Andrew »

I really agree with all of what Mike said. Great enthusiasm from John the volunteers and a fun event. Thanks to everybody. It was nice to hear cyclists going around the volunteers to say thanks.
bikehart

Post by bikehart »

And thanks to John's daughter for the music...very nice touch.
JohnT

Post by JohnT »

Thanks. Mike and Hugh and Norm and several others (including my kids) play a big role to. Thank you!

It's a fun event, especially when we get warm sunny weather. The racing is amazing and that makes it really rewarding to host.

I also think we're looking at the tip of an iceberg. In the future we could offer trophies or prizes and have a podium presentation. Maybe $1.00 admission for spectators and distribute the what's in the till among the top three finishers. I am keen to keep the momentum going.

It turns out that we're also very popular at the Speedway, apparently the Hornet Cars are a lot louder!

John
norman marcy

Post by norman marcy »

I would like to recognize Loooong time Volunteer and timing guru John Errington who has been helping the Biking community in Victoria for decades. John was out a couple of weeks ago when I was at the Speedway track and I know he has helped with many more races that we as a club have participated in as organizers or racers

Thank John Errington from all at $ shot
trevor

Post by trevor »

+1