Too bad I can't post this on a bad driving forum

YouTube videos, Pickle juice discussion, doping accusations, etc.

Moderator: mfarnham

k kendal

Re: Too bad I can't post this on a bad driving forum

Post by k kendal »

Well speaking of bad behavior while cycling, I was heading south down loch side trail approaching Island View Road, rolled throughout the stop signed and turned right now heading east to the HWY as I was heading up to east saanich road.

All of a sudden some lady was right up my ass honking at me. Surprised the hell out of me, as the coming intersection light at the highway was red, and I sure felt like I had more than enough room to roll through the intersection. I really did not see her at all, and I always look, so I suspect she was in a big hurry and was pissed off at me because I theoretically cut her off and impeded her perceived right away.

Except I was about 30 meters down the road, so maybe the fact I was a cyclist impeding her in approach to the long wait at the red light at the highway really pissed her off.

First rule violated was I turned around in my seat and gesticulated at her with my free hands in a non threatening manner. Boy that pissed her off more.

Then while she was parked at the red light because I moved to the side to let her by, or should I say I eventually in good time moved to the side to let her by, I then approached her on the driver side to have a few words with her. No way she was going to wind down her window. Maybe its the beard!

That was my second mistake trying to engage the driver after the first instance had gone away.

So I go to the side of the road and patiently wait for the red to go green. As this happens she unwinds the passenger window and gives me a few expletives. That was that or so I thought. I was laughing at the situation, it was kind of funny, but more at myself for making the same mistake twice, engaging an irate car driver.

Well I biked up the hill, turn left and went into the cafe at the top of the hill. First warm sunny day, we got our drinks and snacks and I apologized to my companion has it was a bit embarrassing.

And who should appear and demand an apology in a very irate manner. the Car driver. we exchanged words again. Maybe I should have given her a apology for gesticulations, but that is all!