John D

Tripleshot's Friday Backpack Ride for the Mustard Seed

Post by John D »

Come one, come all....

Who: Members of Tripleshot Cycling Club
What: An event to help the Mustard Seed in the final run-up to Christmas
Where: Beacon Hill Park
When: Friday, December 12th at 6:00am
Why: Because we're (officially) the best cycling club in BC!

I'm sure you've pondered what Neill (Fozzy on the Forum) carries in the backpack that he wears on weekday rides. Rumours range from (i) a drag chute to slow him down after sprints, (ii) a bunch of bricks, (iii) my fitness...which went missing this year, and (iv) Rolf (get well soon buddy ).

Anyhow, this got a few of us thinking that we should ALL wear backpacks filled with foodstuffs on Friday, December 12th, and donate all the goods to the Mustard Seed Food Bank. So that's what we're going to do. Instead of the regular Friday route, we will meet at the Beacon Hill Park petting zoo for 6:00am and do laps. The Mustard Seed will have a vehicle on hand by 7:15 to collect all the donations. Please make an effort to join us. This will also be a great way to kick off a Friday that ends with our annual Xmas Party at White Eagle Hall later that evening.

Cheers,
John
"Talk - Action = Zero" - Joe Keithley
steve

Re: Tripleshot's Friday Backpack Ride for the Mustard Seed

Post by steve »

Hey all,

This is a great idea, count me in! I'd like to be able to make a cash donation to the mustard seed as well as my food donation by graciously adding weight to a friends backpack at a cost of $5 a pound. A chance to return the favour to some of those who have been nice enough to make me suffer over the years...

I'm hoping to add five pounds to Peter Lawless for his frequent left turns to the observatory on West Saanich and his knack for organizing a chase on any type of breakaway I have attempted and failed over the years. Matt Mulleray also deserves five pounds for demonstrating incredible fitness even after taking weeks off the bike and still putting the rest of us to shame.

Thats $50 to the mustard seed for me....
Anyone else want to join in on the fun?

Steve
steve w

Post by steve w »

Sounds awesome, I'm in.
Steve
Plawless

Post by Plawless »

steve wrote:Hey all,

This is a great idea, count me in! I'd like to be able to make a cash donation to the mustard seed as well as my food donation by graciously adding weight to a friends backpack at a cost of $5 a pound. A chance to return the favour to some of those who have been nice enough to make me suffer over the years...

I'm hoping to add five pounds to Peter Lawless for his frequent left turns to the observatory on West Saanich and his knack for organizing a chase on any type of breakaway I have attempted and failed over the years. Matt Mulleray also deserves five pounds for demonstrating incredible fitness even after taking weeks off the bike and still putting the rest of us to shame.

Thats $50 to the mustard seed for me....
Anyone else want to join in on the fun?

Steve

SOLD! Anyone wants to add a little extra to me I'm game. Bring it on!

Peter
Mulleray

Post by Mulleray »

Aww schucks. Thanks Steve. With the way I am going as of late, I could use the extra 5lbs to help me shed some pounds......if that makes any sense....??? Well, I am game. Heck, I will throw in another 5lbs into my pack and then pay forward your kind gesture and put weight into other backpacks at a similar $5/lb. Barton is usually game for early morning rides.....Geoff Wong.......Andrew Lamoureux, and Peter Fitch.....each will need to dig out 5lbs from the pantry. That is $100 in cash and 10lbs of food from this Tripleshotter into the effort. Who's next?
pedro

Post by pedro »

You're on, Mulleray! And I extend the offer/challenge to Dave Spiers. 5 lbs at $5 a lb.
wonger

Post by wonger »

Mulleray wrote:Aww schucks. Thanks Steve. With the way I am going as of late, I could use the extra 5lbs to help me shed some pounds......if that makes any sense....??? Well, I am game. Heck, I will throw in another 5lbs into my pack and then pay forward your kind gesture and put weight into other backpacks at a similar $5/lb. Barton is usually game for early morning rides.....Geoff Wong.......Andrew Lamoureux, and Peter Fitch.....each will need to dig out 5lbs from the pantry. That is $100 in cash and 10lbs of food from this Tripleshotter into the effort. Who's next?
Matt! What the hell?!? Don't you know that I'm lying here on a Jamaican beach taking full advantage of the beer, curry goat, ackee and saltfish (but mostly the beer) post-cross season? Seem cruel and unusual to saddle me with additional weight when I am so busy applying it to myself.

Having said that, I'm game. And here's another $5/pound from me - 5 lbs for Hugh, Brian E., Michelle D. and Mandy.
RichT

Post by RichT »

A little late in the game however I've decided to ride with what I've loss since riding with you guys. That's 35lbs. and if anyone has more than 35 pounds of food in their backpack I'll match the weight dollar for dollar up to $100.

Cheers ~ Richard
BPhelps

Post by BPhelps »

Didn't beat it by much, but I weighed in at 37.5 lbs, plus the weight of my backpack. Now it is just a matter of making it all fit.

See everyone in the morning.

Blair
Fozzy

Post by Fozzy »

Got 40lb in mine matey!!
BPhelps

Post by BPhelps »

Never too early to start thinking about the Christmas Spirit...