I want to complain...

YouTube videos, Pickle juice discussion, doping accusations, etc.

Moderator: mfarnham

Alan

I want to complain...

Post by Alan »

If you encounter any road conditions that seem dangerous, you can report them to the appropriate city department, as I did with this email to Saanich Public Works after the 'hat trick' of flats on Blenkinsop last Friday. They replied this morning that they are fixing it today.

There is a small but deep pothole on Blenkinsop road in the northbound lane, just south of the driveway to 4465 Blenkinsop. It caused three of our group of cyclists to have punctured tires this morning and we are very lucky that no one crashed or was injured. Can you please acknowledged that you have received this message, and that you will contact me when the pothole has been fixed. It is very dangerous and we would not want to see other cyclists suffer the misfortune of a tire puncture or a crash.

I thought I might have been in for an argument or at least be sent to the complaints department, like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDjCqjzbvJY
Enjoy!
Rolf

Re: I want to complain...

Post by Rolf »

I Imagethis post.
John D

Post by John D »

Nice work Alan!

Um, nice picture of an internal organ Rolf!

Seriously though - do follow Alan's lead and promptly report these things to the appropriate municipality. Please strive to be both accurate in reporting your information (i.e. where/when/what you saw) and be polite in tone and language. Perhaps mention the Tripleshot name when doing so - after awhile they'll get to know us and know that when we report stuff that it's the real deal.

You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Cheers,
J.
"Talk - Action = Zero" - Joe Keithley
AlW

Post by AlW »

From Cheers:

Sam: You know what they say: You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Woody: Maybe I shouldn't be butting in here, but you can catch the most with dead squirrels.