Christmas Party - How can I help?

Club activities and announcements

Moderator: mfarnham

Paula

Christmas Party - How can I help?

Post by Paula »

HI All,

Tripleshot's Christmas Party is coming up on Friday December 12 at the White Eagle Hall in James Bay.

Tickets will be going up for sale shortly and you might be able to buy them online.

To make this year a bit different, it has been suggested to add some karaoke. That hasn't gone over really well (yet). HOWEVER, if you have your own Karaoke machine and want to bring it, please do!

If you haven't been to a TS Christmas party, it is a potluck, and the food has been amazing. Hoyne, one of our sponsors, provides us with superb beer. There will be prizes as well. A list of prize categories will be posted and you will get to vote, kind of like the Oscars - but not.

At the party you will also get to see what everyone looks like OUT of lycra and who actually still has hair (its great to be a woman!). Name tags are necessary, unless you want to wear your helmet all night long so you can be identified. Partners are more than welcome, and we promise to make an effort to talk about NON-bike stuff. A list of topics can be developed and left at all the tables if need be.

We need some help to put the whole thing together, below is a list of tasks that you should consider helping out with. Please copy the list and add your name where appropriate.

Set-Up
(4:00 - 6:00)

Clean Up
(11:00 - 12:00)

Slide Show
(collect/compile images from members and others, set to music, make us look heroic. Includes sourcing projector and laptop)

Pot Luck - ALL who want to eat bring food
(this list is for folks who will set up the pot luck table and keep an eye on it if it needs some utensils, organization etc)

Tickets
(design, produce, sell and turn money over to TS treasurer - we have an assume ticket template from last year that just needs to be updated)

Bar Stuff
(we are planning on hiring a bartender, so this would include picking up supplies, helping with set up and clean up)

Music
(provide a playlist for the evening that doesn't suck, and something to play it on)

There may be a few other things to follow.
Thanks.

Paula (on behalf of the TS Board Executive)
Stéphane Tran

Re: Christmas Party - How can I help?

Post by Stéphane Tran »

Set-Up

Clean Up
1. Stéphane

Slide Show
(collect/compile images from members and others, set to music, make us look heroic. Includes sourcing projector and laptop)

(this list is for folks who will set up the pot luck table and keep an eye on it if it needs some utensils, organization etc)

Tickets
(design, produce, sell and turn money over to TS treasurer - we have an assume ticket template from last year that just needs to be updated)

Bar Stuff
(we are planning on hiring a bartender, so this would include picking up supplies, helping with set up and clean up)

Music
(provide a playlist for the evening that doesn't suck, and something to play it on)
Paul C.

Post by Paul C. »

I am not sure about the Karaoke idea...sounds like fun, but I am thinking about some past Karaoke sessions many years ago late at night,under the influence....and at the same time I am visualizing a few Tripleshot friends TRYING to sing Frank Sinatra, Mili Vanilli and the Beach Boys...and I dont feel very good about this.

Would Dancing work??...we would defiantly need a DJ. Sean Cunningham...Cyclist, Triathlon coach and recent CX DJ does thia at parties.

On the volunteer note, Mark Ford ,with my input, has started a list of some fun and unique club awards. We can discuss this with the executive at the AGM or before.

Also, if I wanted to give a draw prize,if we are having them, whom would I give it too?

One more, will we formally invite a representative from IRC to the party.Re donation to youth program? Chris Paul (my opposite ) is the Pres.

cheers pc
bikehart

Post by bikehart »

Get your tickets online for the low low price of $5 each..

http://bikehart.com/cart/index.php?main ... ucts_id=61

Hugh
mattbilly

Post by mattbilly »

What time does the actual party start? Is there any scheduled presentations and such? Around what time? Just have another event trying to plan around. Thanks!
amyeee

Post by amyeee »

Set-Up

Clean Up
1. Stéphane
2. Amy

Slide Show

Tickets

Bar Stuff

Music
Paula

Post by Paula »

At the AGM we got a number of VERY FINE folks to volunteer. We are still in need of someone to do music. I know you all have multiple interests and talents… surely there must be one of you out there who has music as their passion and can help us out here.
If you have signed up for something and are not sure what you might need to do as a next step, send me a PM.

Set-Up
1. Paula
2. Paul C
3. Mark Ford
4. Martin Farnham
5. Louise Wallace
6. Alan Bodeu

Clean Up
1. Stéphane
2. Amy
3. Kristin
4. Hugh
5. Jim Pauly

Slide Show
1. Eric
2. John T
3. Calgary Steve

Tickets
1. Hugh

Bar Stuff
1. Dave Atwell
2. Joanna Fox

Music
rich m.

Post by rich m. »

Paula wrote:At the AGM we got a number of VERY FINE folks to volunteer. We are still in need of someone to do music. I know you all have multiple interests and talents… surely there must be one of you out there who has music as their passion and can help us out here.
If you have signed up for something and are not sure what you might need to do as a next step, send me a PM.

Set-Up
1. Paula
2. Paul C
3. Mark Ford
4. Martin Farnham
5. Louise Wallace
6. Alan Bodeu

Clean Up
1. Stéphane
2. Amy
3. Kristin
4. Hugh
5. Jim Pauly
6. Rich Martin

Slide Show
1. Eric
2. John T
3. Calgary Steve

Tickets
1. Hugh

Bar Stuff
1. Dave Atwell
2. Joanna Fox

Music
Krostini

Post by Krostini »

Switching myself from Clean Up to Potluck Table - I got familiar with that kitchen etc last year.
Vacancy in Clean up!

Paula wrote:
At the AGM we got a number of VERY FINE folks to volunteer. We are still in need of someone to do music. I know you all have multiple interests and talents… surely there must be one of you out there who has music as their passion and can help us out here.

Set-Up
1. Paula
2. Paul C
3. Mark Ford
4. Martin Farnham
5. Louise Wallace
6. Alan Bodeu

Clean Up
1. Stéphane
2. Amy
4. Hugh
5. Jim Pauly
6. Rich Martin

Slide Show
1. Eric
2. John T
3. Calgary Steve

1. Kristin

Tickets
1. Hugh

Bar Stuff
1. Dave Atwell
2. Joanna Fox

Music
EricS

Post by EricS »

Looks like I signed up to do the slide show. Must have had too many pitchers of beer at the AGM.

I would be more than happy to put the show together, but of course I will need photos. Lots of photos.

Please email me hi-ish res photos (file sizes around a megabyte should be ok) Don't send 20MB raw photos, but to small looks nasty. You know: Goldilocks pix...just right...

Anyhow, send them to eric (at) scoopula.com

Send a few at a time so that my email server doesn't crash.

Please put the activity description in the subject line for ease of sorting. Such as "Big Loop Ride" or "Hurricane Ridge" or "Tour de Vic" or "Top of Observatory" or "Juniors Racing" or "juniors Training" or "Sardinia" or "Cross on the Rock" or "Dave Spiers' Bedroom", you get the idea.

Maybe I'll make cute little categories, or maybe it'll be random. Who knows?

Please send them soon, say this week please, then I can work on the show on the weekend. My weekday nights are a bit crazy, so earlier is better please.

Thanks,

Looking forward to the party,

Eric

Oh, I meant bike room, not bedroom
Eric Simonson
JoeB

Post by JoeB »

Hi Paula,
I can help out with the clean-up.
Joe
Lund

Post by Lund »

EricS wrote:Please email me hi-ish res photos (file sizes around a megabyte should be ok). Don't send 20MB raw photos, but too small looks nasty.

Please put the activity description in the subject line for ease of sorting. Such as "Big Loop Ride" or "Hurricane Ridge" or "Tour de Vic" or "Top of Observatory" or "Juniors Racing" or "Juniors Training" or "Sardinia" or "Cross on the Rock" or "Dave Spiers' Bedroom." You get the idea.

Anyhow, send them to eric (at) scoopula.com
In addition to good quality photos, please send Eric any video footage you may have of the year's cycling adventures. Links to videos you've posted online (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) are fine too.

We're cookin' up a dynamic multimedia extravaganza!
Dolly

Post by Dolly »

Paula wrote:

Set-Up
1. Paula
2. Paul C
3. Mark Ford
4. Martin Farnham
5. Louise Wallace
6. Alan Bodeu

Clean Up
1. Stéphane
2. Amy
4. Hugh
5. Jim Pauly
6. Rich Martin

Slide Show
1. Eric
2. John T
3. Calgary Steve

1. Kristin
2. Dolly

Tickets
1. Hugh

Bar Stuff
1. Dave Atwell
2. Joanna Fox

Music
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

Just wanted to say thanks to all who contributed to organizing, cooking and attending the party last night. What a great time and cool bunch of folks. Thanks to John for the great MCing, Paula for party organization. And I have to say special thanks to Eric and Steve who did the slide/video show. What an incredible range of activity and successes.

I heard it was on youtube. Any search terms we have to use to find it?
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
Lister Farrar

Post by Lister Farrar »

Found it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c13J2JQ2nLA

Gonna post it for the youth team that couldn't make it.
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4