Coal Cross-Hot Hot Heat!

Moderator: mfarnham

dreeves

Coal Cross-Hot Hot Heat!

Post by dreeves »

What a cooker it was yesterday in Cumberland!

Tripleshot was represented by 21 participants in all categories except for Expert Women. Instead of mud flying it was dust being kicked up and ingested on a fast yet not too technical course. The BMX track proved to be a test again, and for me the most tiring part of the course as I continually battled riders who were more skilled on the bumps and jumps.

The highlight for me was TS corner in the trees. The deafening cheering was like coming home after each 6 minute battle in the arid wasteland that was the Coal Cross course this year. Thanks to everyone. It really does make a difference on the next lap.

See you again in 2 weeks!

Dylan
¡Hasta la victoria siempre!
bikehart

Re: Coal Cross-Hot Hot Heat!

Post by bikehart »

I agree that was a coal ton of fun. Of course I ignored the pre race advice, at least three times the starter said to be careful on the bmx track and of course on the first lap I charged up and over the starting ramp only to find myself airborne on the first jump. Today at work I thought if I had just tried to float it or had given just a little pop I would have landed on the down side like Griffen. But it was not to be, I pushed down too late and landed just in time to take off again clearing the downside and landing front wheel first on the flat. Luckily there was no major damage and I was able to continue.

The race was fun but I had as much fun cheering on all the kids, young and old racing. It is amazing the impact you can have from the side lines. On one mid race lap I was approaching the TS section in the trees and it was like I was being driven by remote control. Dylan says something like (loudly) now is your chance, go to the right, hammer. I was by the guy so fast I did not even see who it was.

Thanks to all the organizers and volunteers and everyone who came out to race and cheer but I would like to say a special thanks to the town of Cumberland, we invade, we race and we go! Thanks so much for welcoming us into your town and putting up with all that Lycra. We will be back again and again.

Hugh