Garmin 410 woes - RESOLVED

YouTube videos, Pickle juice discussion, doping accusations, etc.

Moderator: mfarnham

waverider

Garmin 410 woes - RESOLVED

Post by waverider »

I tried to find a Wrenching or Tech subforum here but couldn't find one. Apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong spot.

Has anyone had elevation and speed problems with a forerunner watch and been able to fix it? I noticed over the last few months my speed increasingly dropping to zero even though I hadn't stopped. On Sunday I rode Tofino to Ucluelet return and my watch went haywire (continuously dropping and picking up satellite signals every few seconds). In addition, no elevation data was recorded. I used the Garmin website instructions to complete a total watch reset and then did a test in the car as we drove home today. Data here: http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/576014037

You can see again no elevation data was recorded and although previously my speed drops to zero were sporadic, now they're almost periodic.

Any suggestions? If a new watch is my only likely scenario...any recommendations? I prefer a watch so I can use for both cycling and running.

Thanks in advance.
Geoff
waverider

Re: Garmin 410 woes - RESOLVED

Post by waverider »

Issue resolved - Called Garmin and even though the warranty has expired, they're going to honour it and replace the watch! Talk about customer service! They figured the GPS chip is faulty.
Geoff