Interlock integrated seat-post cable lock

YouTube videos, Pickle juice discussion, doping accusations, etc.

Moderator: mfarnham

John D

Interlock integrated seat-post cable lock

Post by John D »

Been using one of these for the past month:

http://the-interlock.com/product/

I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who uses their bike for their daily commute and for running errands all over town. Would I use it instead of a proper U-lock to secure my ride overnight? Of course not!!! The only drawbacks I've found are that:

1. It precludes the use of an under-seat repair kit. I now carry my tools in one of my water bottle mounts.

2. It requires a key. Given that convenience was the whole point of the exercise, I'm baffled as to why the (Vancouver-based) manufacturers went with a key lock as opposed to a combination option. It comes with two keys - if you're like me and lose keys like odd socks, Price's on Fort will cut extra copies for about $5 each.

J.
"Talk - Action = Zero" - Joe Keithley
MWhiticar

Re: Interlock integrated seat-post cable lock

Post by MWhiticar »

John,

For quick stops for an espresso (remember no cappuccino after 10:00 at an Italian Cafe , or you may look like a 'straniero' ) ... I sometimes carry an Abus CombiFlex 202 90cm

It is light, slips in the back jersey pocket and easy to use (John it has a combination :lol: ).

Obviously this would only discourage the quick 'grab and run' and not deter you serious thief.

Ride with you all soon!

Cheers

Michael