Ttt July 6 Duncan

Moderator: mfarnham

Lister Farrar

Ttt July 6 Duncan

Post by Lister Farrar »

Peter is interested in organizing a Ttt in conjunction with the Sidney Velo Ken Paskin TT, scheduled for July 6 on the Cowichan lake road. But he needs to know if there is interest from our club before confirming.

The distance would be 40km (20 km for u13- u17) on a rolling course. Probably after the masters Tt at 12:00, so about 2-3ish. (Will check and post.)

For those thinking of starting racing, Ttt is a nice intermediate step between group rides and bunch races. Like a mass start, drafting is everything, but everyone on your team is on your side, not trying to break things up. Also a surprising number of things to work on to go faster.

The course is handy for Lake Cowichan for a swim after.

Alas, I can't be there, as I'm driving my daughter to a skateboard camp in California. But there will be lots of tripleshotters there to help discuss the race over beverages after.

The race will likely be run using a handicap system based on the ages of all four team members. So mixed ages can compete. So the most important thing is just find three friends about your speed. And practice going fast. Thursday Ttt intervals are an easy way to meet your matches.

Who's in? Post if you have a team or are looking for one.
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
jbarrett

Re: Ttt July 6 Duncan

Post by jbarrett »

I'm in. I'm going to ride the Masters TT beforehand, so I'll still be recovering from that. I don't have a team yet but Sig talked about getting a team together a long while back. I hope he's still interested.
DavidB

Post by DavidB »

jbarrett wrote:\I'm going to ride the Masters TT beforehand, so I'll still be warmed up from that.
Fixed that for ya.
I've got an obnoxious helmet. It's green.
mlawless

Post by mlawless »

I am also in.

We (Tripleshot) have hosted this a couple of times over the past few years and it has always been a blast.

It is a two lap out and back course so you have the chance to see teams going the other direction. With the distance and short time between team starts there is also the opportunity to pass or be passed by other teams - further contributing to the fun!

Participation has been high in the past with teams organizing themselves well in advance and even practicing - can you say Thursday TTT training at UVic (I think that makes it TTTTT!). If you do not have a team organized there have also been individual riders who co-ordinate a team on the day so everyone can ride.

Michael
Rolf

Post by Rolf »

Hopefully the timing works so that those doing the Tripleshot Big Loop Ride that day (Sooke, Port Renfrew, Lake Cowichan, Mill Bay etc.) can hit the TTT nicely warmed up after 171 km, before enjoying an easy 95 km cool-down ride home.
Paula

Post by Paula »

I need to discuss with the family, but I am potentially interested. I assume the team are gender specific, are they not?
mlawless

Post by mlawless »

Paula,

In the past they have been very fussy that each team member must specifically have a gender :P

I think that it is more important to participate than worry about gender composition but I am not the organizer. Having said that if we can have a couple of ladies teams that would be great!

Michael