VCL 5 at western speedway

Moderator: mfarnham

Lister Farrar

Re: VCL 5 at western speedway

Post by Lister Farrar »

I had a very nice freshly made turkey sandwich on whole wheat, muffin, and juice at the speedway concession last night. Ricky Bobby would have been disappointed.

Rolf and Rooks, I think they also have transfat options. But either way, if you spend there it makes it easier to book track time and not get bumped by the latest less carbon friendly option. For eg, this month, they had speedboat demolition races. Yup, you read correctly. Vehicles with trailers, with speedboats on them, drive a demo race. Last driver with his boat on, wins. Lots of debris apparently, but you couldn't tell from the track last night. It was well swept.
Lister
"We're jammin', jammin',
And I hope you like jammin', too."
(Bob Marley)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QdwYY9rZL4
mfarnham

Post by mfarnham »

I'll be there at 5 too.

Martin
JohnT

Post by JohnT »

Just in from CyclingBC:

Hi John,

my understanding of the agreement for the VCL is that whichever host club's event is taking place, said host club's members may take part with only a general/club license. Other non-host club attendees must participate with either a citizen license, or a UCI license.

Meaning, all paid up members of Triple Shot can race this evening. No licence is no excuse! You must have club insurance. I think that's a given (i.e., no club membership without club insurance) but I thought I'd better mention it anyway.

JT