wheel info

post all stuff wanted and for sale here

Moderator: mfarnham

mfarnham

wheel info

Post by mfarnham »

Hey folks. I'm in the market for a new pair of wheels for my Tarmac Comp, but I'm a bit of a yokel when it comes to hardware. My favourite LBS is pitching Ultegras. I've heard good things about Ksyriums. To complicate things, my dear old dad is insisting that I *must* go tubeless, because the ride is better and flats are rare. I've seen a good price on 2013 Easton EA90 RTs (which can go tubeless or clincher).

Thoughts on any of this? Or anyone looking to shed a lightly used nice wheelset that would fit a 10-speed cassette?

Thanks!
Martin

p.s. Classes end next week so you'll start seeing me for coffee again soon. :)
Stéphane Tran

Re: wheel info

Post by Stéphane Tran »

Have you considered Zed Wheels? Hand-made in Victoria by Brad Head. http://www.zedwheels.com/
A few TS guys have them: John Dower, Mark Ford and myself among others. The Diablos are solid and inexpensive. As a local business and rider, Brad offers excellent post-sale service. And no, I am not a shill for Zed Wheels!
mfarnham

Post by mfarnham »

You don't strike me as a shill, Stephane!

Yes, Zed is on my radar screen, in part thanks to Brad's gift to the TS raffle last Christmas.

Martin
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Zed wheels diablo SL. I have multiple wheel sets from Brad. Great product, value and service- just a bit slow (but that is me- I need to get training).
BearPope Recruit

Post by BearPope Recruit »

I have a set of Hurricanes from Brad that I've been riding for 3 years now both on the road and racing cyclocross. Brad also sponsors Cross on the Rock. Totally recommend Zed to get a personalized wheel set and supporting local (I taco'ed my front wheel tangling with a taxi weeks after buying the set and he fixed it up just like new again!)

Cheers, Jen
katew

Post by katew »

I was the lucky winner of Brad's wheels and they are *wonderful*.

Thank you so much!
kateweber.com
mfarnham

Post by mfarnham »

You're a persuasive bunch. I walked into Broad Street Cycles yesterday and bought the Zed Archetype wheelset that was on sale there. They felt great on the hills this morning, though I have to confess I was switching multiple variables all at once (pulling out the summer bike after months in storage, new wheels, new model of tires, switching from 23mm to 25mm tires) so it wasn't an ideal controlled experiment. Still, I was a happy climber this morning.

Thanks!
Martin