First Aid for Biking and Boarding Teens

YouTube videos, Pickle juice discussion, doping accusations, etc.

Moderator: mfarnham

glenowyn

First Aid for Biking and Boarding Teens

Post by glenowyn »

Shelley Brown The Programmer at Crystal Pool sent this to me and I thought it was a good course Crystal Pool is offering

Hey parents/friends of bikers and boards

If you are like me, your kids are out there on their own and maybe not with the best first aid skills. I've worked with a local first aid company to tailor a course just for teens that are out there biking and boarding. Here's the particulars:

Basic First-Aid for biking and boarding teen’s.
Held at Alert First Aid - 3130 Jutland Road on May 3 from 10:00 – 2:00.

Basic First-Aid for biking and boarding teens - This fun and interactive 4 hour course trains teens how to react and improvise when dealing with time priority, life threatening emergencies. This course includes initial assessment of an accident, disease prevention, airway obstruction, adult and child hands only CPR. Teens will also learn recognition and first-aid treatment for head and spine injuries, shock, bleeding, broken bones. Participants spend the majority of the course doing hands on first-aid, and participating in first-aid scenarios. By practicing with scenarios students gain confidence, learn to improvise, and react in emergency situations.
There are no written exams or homework or assignments.

Price for this course is $50.00/person.
Price includes an Alert First-Aid manual and certificate valid for 3 years.

To register, call the Crystal Pool & Fitness Centre 250-361-0732.

Please feel free to pass this along to other folks you know.

Cheers
Shelley